Wheel Opinion

-

Robb

Reaction score
At the end of fall I thought for sure I knew what wheels I wanted to complete my change over to LBP brakes and 8 3/4, but now I am not as sure... So I thought I would look for some opinions...

All four will be 15x7

I included pictures of two top contenders and another option is body color steel wheels (plain or cop) and 68 style dog dish.

Attachments

• barracuda_3956.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 335
  • w-fuel-gray_1_1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 300
  • ChrysMagnum.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 297
I had a set of steelies made by specialty wheel for mine 15x6 front, 15x7 on back, I think the off set was 3.75 but 255/60 15's fit great with room to spare.

I had a set of steelies made by specialty wheel for mine 15x6 front, 15x7 on back, I think the off set was 3.75 but 255/60 15's fit great with room to spare.

Nice! I really like steelies on a black car!

The cop steelies and hub caps look sooooo sinister on those cars, but both wheels you showed would look good too.

Pictures are worth a thousand words.........
15 x 7 @ all 4 corners, 215/70/15's up front, 275/60/15's out back. B/S is 4.25". Stock rebuild front end, SS spring w/.500" spacers out back.

Attachments

• DSCN1281.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCN1277.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN1282.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 221
Im putting cop wheels on mine just got them finished yesterday, painted body color.

Attachments

• 77777.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 219
Pictures are worth a thousand words.........
15 x 7 @ all 4 corners, 215/7015's up front, 275/60/15's out back. B/S is 4.25". Stock rebuild front end, SS spring w/1.5" spacers out back.

Nice looking car... Those are the dog dish caps I like! I have a set, but they are pretty beat up...

Looks like steelies and the torque thrust look-a-like are favored so far... nobody is into magnum 500s?

Nice looking car... Those are the dog dish caps I like! I have a set, but they are pretty beat up...

Thanks Robb! Those dog dishes are worth their weight in gold these days! Maybe clean 'em up, and do some paint work to them. They'd be worth it!

Thanks Robb! Those dog dishes are worth their weight in gold these days! Maybe clean 'em up, and do some paint work to them. They'd be worth it![/QUOTE]

You see them around ebay every now and then. I agree clean the ones you have and grab them up when you see them. one at a time if need be.

here are some from ebay torque thrust knock off's . Ron's rim's ebay,15x7:blob:

hoodscoopsandrims.jpg

What is a dd cap?

dd=dog dish
I,m going through the same phase.I have stock 68 hubcaps with 14 inch wheels.I have the cop rims and the correct year dog dish caps.I just haven,t swapped out to the LBP yet.All my brakes are new(power assist)and might just buy some sbp 15 steelies.Less work.:violent1:

dd=dog dish
I,m going through the same phase.I have stock 68 hubcaps with 14 inch wheels.I have the cop rims and the correct year dog dish caps.I just haven,t swapped out to the LBP yet.All my brakes are new(power assist)and might just buy some sbp 15 steelies.Less work.:violent1:

dd = dog dish... DUH! That's what I get for posting on FABO at 4:30 in the morning!

Good luck on your project...

-
Back