wheels turn right on start up

-

tony frost

Reaction score
Like the subject line said, when I start the car up and if your not holding the steering wheel it will turn to the right all the way. Drives fine turns left and right fine. You let go of the steering wheel it will turn all the way right by its self. Use to be a s/6 car without this problem I swaped out with a 318. Any help greatly appreciated.

P/S control valve has been moved somehow.. loosen bolts and slide it one way or other [TIGHTEN BOLTS@!] then retest.. you will find center again... good luck

P/S control valve has been moved somehow.. loosen bolts and slide it one way or other [TIGHTEN BOLTS@!] then retest.. you will find center again... good luck
where is the p/s control valve located? Is it the steering box with the two lines running in to it because I switched lines there to get the headers to fit.

It sounds like he might have stated his problem in post #3... Swapped pressue and return line on steering box to clear the headers?

Don't reach through the steering wheel to start the car when you're making adjustments to the PS centering.

-
Back