When did you start forgetting?

-
Here's one thing that constantly comes up. If I put something in a "safe" place, and a little time goes by I can never find it again, LOL. If you want to find a missing tool, just by a new one and the old one will show up.

You have no idea how true that is. I have so many things stashed in safe places, I feel like a blind squirrel.

It sure was not at the age of 25 or 30 DusterDude72, I was sharp as a tack at that age 8), No computers in my life or reading skills, Just my god given gift of imagination and the need to learn more :happy10:
Now I have selective memory and know exactly where the shower tub and toilet is :toothy10:
But honestly :happy10:
I have got lost in town and I have lived here 35 years, I think it has more to do with what I spend my time doing these days, I remember all the good times and do my best to delete,Trash or Forget the bad things.
I do not lie about anything " Just more to remember" Just ask my wife, children or friends.
I learned along time ago to right things down if it is important or if some one ask me to do something.
for over ten years I know I have got up to get something and after two or three steps What the hell did I get up for :angry7: It's easy to remember good and happy things :cheers:and some time's hard to remember the things we take for granted.

Getting ride of bad memories are hard and some times imposable so if you spend time enjoying your first cup of coffee or a funny e-mail from Leanna the bad memories can't be found because of the good memories pilled up on top of them :happy10:
There is a place for everything and just as many places you thought you put something or what was on my mind just a half hour ago.8)

Selective is the way to go:cheers:
Memike you are wise beyond your years.

uuumm what was the question?? Where the heck am I anyways??

Lol..Im not the best person to answere. My memory is shot.

Its all down hill after 21
I forgot what I was going to say

It sure was not at the age of 25 or 30 DusterDude72, I was sharp as a tack at that age 8), No computers in my life or reading skills, Just my god given gift of imagination and the need to learn more :happy10:
Now I have selective memory and know exactly where the shower tub and toilet is :toothy10:
But honestly :happy10:
I have got lost in town and I have lived here 35 years, I think it has more to do with what I spend my time doing these days, I remember all the good times and do my best to delete,Trash or Forget the bad things.
I do not lie about anything " Just more to remember" Just ask my wife, children or friends.
I learned along time ago to right things down if it is important or if some one ask me to do something.
for over ten years I know I have got up to get something and after two or three steps What the hell did I get up for :angry7: It's easy to remember good and happy things :cheers:and some time's hard to remember the things we take for granted.

Getting ride of bad memories are hard and some times imposable so if you spend time enjoying your first cup of coffee or a funny e-mail from Leanna the bad memories can't be found because of the good memories pilled up on top of them :happy10:
There is a place for everything and just as many places you thought you put something or what was on my mind just a half hour ago.8)

Selective is the way to go:cheers:

words of wisdom Mike!:cheers:

Whenever I'm asked my age I always reply, "what year is this"?. The I do the math in my head.
I use my military service to remember dates or at least years. Some one would ask, when this or that was An example "well I as in Germany in 1990 so it was around then.
So if some would tell me what year this is I could tell you my age.

I forgot what you said but THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE :salute:

well i thought it was 50,just dont remember what
oh man that picture sure was funny lol

Its all down hill after 21

I see you have forgot you posted on this thread a few times now LOL

Memike you are wise beyond your years.
Wow 8) I am feeling good about my self, my grandmother would be proud to see this thread :happy10: Thank you dusterny :cheers: I have a smile on and have the motivation to take that 2 mile walk I am needing today :happy10:
And I will do it with a smile on and not dwell on any negative thinking :cheers:

Quote from DusterDude72= words of wisdom Mike!,
Hay it take's one to know one. 8)8)

Just 12 more days, and I'll turn 72.... I think. Or, was it 73???? What possible difference can it make, at this point.... pretty academic, I'd think.... Hell, I was already 22 years old when the /6 was introduced... Now, what was the question, again????

at 32, I think it was in my early 20's that I started forgetting, dont quite remember
pun intended but its truth.

happy b-day Jerrod.. (finish that car :p)

I would have to say after my kids were born. I forgot:
- what it was like to sleep
- what it was like to come home, have a beer and relax
- what it was like to eat a hot meal
- what it was like to just toss on your coat and go without spending 20 minutes putting on snowpants

But now, I can't remember what it was like before they were here. Love 'em more than anything in the world!!

I would have to say after my kids were born. I forgot:
- what it was like to sleep
- what it was like to come home, have a beer and relax
- what it was like to eat a hot meal
- what it was like to just toss on your coat and go without spending 20 minutes putting on snowpants

But now, I can't remember what it was like before they were here. Love 'em more than anything in the world!!

Thier worth it. Kids are the best things ever.

I started forgetting in high school. After I laid off all the pot it got better till I turned 21. Then I got married and had kids sometime between then and now. I forget.

"Lost" the cellphone on the couch. Ended up calling my cellphone from the houseline and guess what I found????? (But I'm old)

i will be 41 in jan. started to lose it about 29,between,work ,famly and other interests[cars] just can't always keep up,it's called stress,and yess i have look for that tool thats in my hand.

I have help with forgetting. My wife will move things. I don't know why. I will set something down, and sure enough, my wife won't like it where I put it. I'll tear the place apart trying to find what whatever it was. She'll come along and presto, it magically reappears.
I'm forever misplacing tools. Usually in plain sight.

I have help with forgetting. My wife will move things. I don't know why. I will set something down, and sure enough, my wife won't like it where I put it. I'll tear the place apart trying to find what whatever it was. She'll come along and presto, it magically reappears.
I'm forever misplacing tools. Usually in plain sight.

You have one of those to eh :happy10:
Yep!! In plain site is where I could loose a 16'' pipe wrench some times :angry7:

thats life, thinking of it im 28 and i can and will forget the most basic stuff,have found myself many times in the kitchen not having a clue why i went there,if its a weekend i have found a good solution, i will just take a coold beer that way i didnt go there for nothing.
sometimes i cant remember what i had for breakfast at lunchtime.
i have lost my cellphone still having it in my hand.
on another hand i can remember the "cardnumber" for a oddball exhaustpart,and i can remember how to bend up some oddball exhaustpipe with lots of bends and angles without said card at work,obviusly not all the time but it happens from time to time,these things makes one think about whats wrong with my memory.
i gues its just right sometimes forgeting the most basic stuff and at other times remembering stuff that is way out there..

59, sigh. I can walk into a room, and think wtf did I need in here? Hour later, remember, walk back in, and can't find it...grrr.
My son makes out, as I lose tools, buy new ones, and then find the old ones. I spent 4 hours in my shop one day, looking for my chainsaw. The shop had been broken into, so I figured I missed the saw being stolen. Bought a new one, and 2 days later, there the old one sits.
Cleaning the shop, I found 4 sets of new brake shoes, no boxes, haven't a clue. Found a 3 speed tranny, 230; no clue. I can remember being in 3rd grade-3 minutes ago? nada. It's to the point that I carry a pen and a little notepad in my shirt pocket....
And I keep finding stuff I hid. But I hid something in 1988, and still can't find it.

-
Back