When do we get old

-
When I was 50 my wife at the time and I bought a pair of SeeDo PWCs, when I got on one I felt like I was 20 and when I got off I felt like I was 80.:)

Well I can't complain, we've been together for like 32 years, so I guess it worked out ok.
Well, we have been married for 33 years and almost 40 years since our first date. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday that I took her on that first date...and others it seems like an eternity since then.

It’s all good...still going strong!

When I was 50 my wife at the time and I bought a pair of SeeDo PWCs, when I got on one I felt like I was 20 and when I got off I felt like I was 80.:)

I hear that. Sometimes I think I'd like to get another dirt bike. Then I think, naw maybe. not

Well, we have been married for 33 years and almost 40 years since our first date. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday that I took her on that first date...and others it seems like an eternity since then.

It’s all good...still going strong!

There are not many people who can make that claim.

I'm 53. Doc is telling me I NEED a shoulder replacement. Going in for a 3 level lumbar fusion this fall. Have enough pseudo gout and arthritis in my hands that I have to have straps on the sides of all my cameras simply to avoid dropping them. I no longer have the high level of drive...nor aggression...that I once had.

There have been many nights that I hope for it to be my last.

Doc that will be doing the fusion has told me that I am so tore up because I lived my life...

I played hard.....and worked even harder.
Those procedures should help you out alot. Keep moving, don't stop. I have lost count on how many surgeries I've had. Love my family, friends and Mopars. I never dreamed I would reach 40 at 25 yrs old and have lived in a VERY fast lane for many, many years. I finally stopped doing dare-devil stunts in my late 50's, gave up all the bad habits too. People are shocked that I am still alive. Feel 20 yrs younger. Now ,I'm pushing 64. Earned it, and plan to keep on keeping on. Stay positive, good luck my friend. Working on my hot rods helps keep my mind off the bad things in life. My automotive passion/culture has likely got me this far.

George Bernard Shaw Quotes
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Every now and then I have a conversation with 16 year old me.

We're still good.

One thing that really reminds me I'm not a spring chicken any more- I used to really enjoy running around in the woods.

I don't have the opportunities like I used to due to where I live (the woods in FL are mostly swamps), and when I do have occasion, I just have to remember that I can't go about things the same way I did when I was 30 years younger.

I can still get to the same places, just have to be more aware of balance and range of motion.

Speaking of being 16, back then I used to say "when I'm 80, you can still find me sitting on the porch drinking a beer and playing the guitar".

So far, so good.

Last edited:
...and I went the other way with the wife.

She's almost 3 years older than me.

But she has a hand in not letting us grow old.

Took me a long time to find her but along the way I always had better luck with girls that were a little more mature.
WAY less BS and drama.

-
Back