When you pay $1200 for an AAR hood, you expect more from Stinger Fiberglass

-
Your choices are limited....

Can you do the repair and if so what's the material cost?
If you can't do the repair who can and can you get an estimate?
Dispute it, you can win, however you won't ever get another hood from the clown.
Worry yourself to death about this..

That's about it. I agree that it's crap packaging and the owner thinks he is god. Atleast you know where you stand. But it sounds like the hood is fine otherwise. Rarely have I seen fiberglass that didn't need addressing though in your case is slopping packaging.

Pick and choose your battles and you also have the option of a bad Google review when this is all done. They have traction these days. If it were me I'm fixing it and leaving a bad review. The owner set that into motion, not you but it's not a deal breaker for the over condition of the hood and welcome to shipping 101 unfortunatelty...

JW
Somehow, by Accident, over time,, I Became a level 4 or 5 Google gimmick Review Guy. I. never had to pull that card, but if it can Help A Bro here out, You Know. Hahaha

Wanna know what's interesting? I hadn't said a thing about this for some time, and now this newcomer suddenly appears. However, I did post a Google review TODAY about Stinger Fiberglass. Coincidence??
Funny You said that. I just caught up on this, and seen his BS. If it Ain't him, it's shop help, family, a buddy, ect....

Seriously???? You are new to this forum, and in your very first post you decide to badmouth and insult most of the site's primary members? Your offer to give @Righty Tighty 32.50 "just to shut you all up" is rude and uncalled for. And by "you all", you are basically insulting every single member on this forum with your first post. Way to make friends, dude. I, for one, am almost an expert with fiberglass. I don't know what kind of a shop you work in, but there is NO WAY your shop or any other shop in the country would charge $32.50 (notice that I correctly used a dollar sign) to repair the damage. Your exceptionally rude comment of "Hard truth is he really doesn't have to do a dam thing for you cause you couldn't follow instructions" shows how out of touch you are with reality and common courtesy. That is NOT the way you talk to people. Plus, you CANNOT tell me that you would have been OK with receiving that damaged hood. Exactly what instructions did he not follow. You are rude and insensitive. Be my guest and feel free to drop out now. I wonder what @toolmanmike will think of your first post. And by the way, if you are going to badmouth other people, you might want to try using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Right On Man!

Wanna know what's interesting? I hadn't said a thing about this for some time, and now this newcomer suddenly appears. However, I did post a Google review TODAY about Stinger Fiberglass. Coincidence??
The guy's an asshole, regardless of who he is. And if he's really associated with Stinger, it's a shithole company.

I own a shop and see about .5 to maybe pushing it and hour. Considering you will have to do some work anyways I really say .5. Our labor rate is 65.00 hr. You have spent more time reading and replying then that unless your time is worth penny's. I bet you gladly paid the shipping and didn’t say a word considering how much shipping has increased and cost of everything has gone up due to the clown in office. I am new to this site and if this is how it is I wont be here long.
Now the brutal truth. I bet he ships hundreds of these a year and if it was really a package issue he would have changed how they pack them. Did the package have inspect before taking possession? or something like that? If so its your fault not anyone else shipping issues happen all the time I had two hoods damaged in shipping by another co I inspected the item refused and wow no issues. Hard truth is he really doesn't have to do a dam thing for you cause you couldn't follow instructions.
You must really be a drama queen You first stated if was not a big deal until all the people pumped your ego and wow they have you spun up. If you give me your address I would gladly send you the 32.50 to shut you all up. Wow i cant believe how you all have acted
It is obvious that most of you have not worked a lot with fiber glass.
I made myself a note to not accidentally spend my money with you. Must be a attitude you owners have that think everyone should be honored to deal with you. I too have owned auto parts stores and even a franchise of Don Garlits. I still run a much smaller parts business now that I am retired. To me customer satisfaction is always my main priority. Especially when they have done nothing wrong!

Last edited:
I own a shop and see about .5 to maybe pushing it and hour. Considering you will have to do some work anyways I really say .5. Our labor rate is 65.00 hr. You have spent more time reading and replying then that unless your time is worth penny's. I bet you gladly paid the shipping and didn’t say a word considering how much shipping has increased and cost of everything has gone up due to the clown in office. I am new to this site and if this is how it is I wont be here long.
Now the brutal truth. I bet he ships hundreds of these a year and if it was really a package issue he would have changed how they pack them. Did the package have inspect before taking possession? or something like that? If so its your fault not anyone else shipping issues happen all the time I had two hoods damaged in shipping by another co I inspected the item refused and wow no issues. Hard truth is he really doesn't have to do a dam thing for you cause you couldn't follow instructions.
You must really be a drama queen You first stated if was not a big deal until all the people pumped your ego and wow they have you spun up. If you give me your address I would gladly send you the 32.50 to shut you all up. Wow i cant believe how you all have acted
What's the name of your shop?

I know I don’t want your *** on the forum.

Obvious plant. No pics, no welcome wagon. joined just to stir it up. "Autoslution" coming up with no "slution". figgers. I shudda known when they let me in... anyone could:rofl:.

Yeah my radar is going off. I dont think I will be buying from stinger.

@Autoslutions

What is the name of your shop?

I think at this point you should tell us.

Funny, I just looked at the google reviews for Stinger, and there were three 5 star reviews posted yesterday -- all at the same time and the owner replied to all three. Why wouldn't he reply to mine??

Because he is trying to save face and that was him who replied here thinking we are all stupid. STINGER will never receive a penny from me. But if someone asks, they will get a link to this thread.

Well, I'm pretty sure any chance of getting anything out of these guys is done, especially after posting my review and after this mystery member showing up. So, looks like I'll be learning fiberglass repair!

Well I hope the latest development does not hinder the OP's possibility of resolution. I went through it with 'fordashpadsonly' and can empathize with what should be a simple fix peppered in with good communication between parties can turn into a mess for whatever reason.

EDIT: Just read your update ....schizen.

Well I would send whomever at Stinger you've been communicating with a link to this thread. "Autoslut" may or may not be Stinger, a link to this thread will allow the owner of Stinger to see what's at stake here, and do what's right.

I googled Autosolutions in SC.

Three shops do come up under that name in SC.

I thought about calling and asking what their hourly shop rates are. The one that says 65.00 is our mystery guest.

Stinger is in FL or thats what their web site and phone number tell me.

So it is looking like our mystery guest is not from stinger.

Then I got bored and decided I didnt care. I wont be using Stinger or any SC companys called Auto solutions.

Both those companys are now on my "no thank you" list.

So when someone googles stinger, or autosolutions this thread will pop up. Bad juju methinks. All this bs due to the lack of a couple layers of cardboard and some high density foam. As far as @autosolutions i smell a rat.

-
Back