Where are my bleeders?

-

BFG318

Habitual Line-Stepper
Reaction score
Spent about an hour now looking at my calipers/wheel cylinders, can't find a damned bleeder anywhere :mumum:

All I can see is the flex line going into the bottom, and another hard line coming out of the top. Can't find a bleeder nipple for the damned vacuum pump.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Oh sorry if I forgot to mention it's a 69 barracuda 318 with front discs/rear drums. can't find the bleeders on the front.

I have never seen a caliper or wheel cylinder without a bleeder...keep looking. If all else fails you can crack the brake hose at the caliper with someone in the car pushing the brake. The old school way another words. You need to make sure the line is the highest point to achieve on getting the air out even if it takes removing the caliper.

Here is a picture of a pair of Kelsey Hayes calipers that would be factory for your car. The bleeders are next to the steel lines on the bottom in the picture. they would be on the top on your car because the pictures is upside down as to the way they mount.

attachment.php

You may have to remove the wheels to access the bleeders.

Thanks for the pic, solved it, didn't think they'd be on the outside as well as on top. Confused me for a bit since my last project was a 69 VW squareback and all the bleeders were on the inside :p

Thanks for the pic, solved it, didn't think they'd be on the outside as well as on top. Confused me for a bit since my last project was a 69 VW squareback and all the bleeders were on the inside :p

LOL
Glad you found them.

Most calipers are on the inside but when they have pistons on both sides of the caliper they have to be bled at the top most point away from the hose.

-
Back