Where are the MOPAR's in NASCAR

-

66silverfish

Reaction score
Sorry day for NASCAR. Only see jap crap, Phords and Cheby.
Whats with that? Gone are the days when MOPAR ruled the track. Ever since NASCAR allowed jap crap to race, it has gone to hell in a hen cart.

Have you been living under a rock!
Dodge won the nascar championship last year with only one team particapating.
Dodge won the Nationwide championship the year before.
Dodge also won previous Craftsmen truck series championships
Penske racing was the last Dodge team in Nascar this past year.
They fielded entries in Nationwide also.
Penske was unable to get a long term commitment from Dodge, so they changed to Ford's for the 2013 season.
The Dodge engine seems to be as competative as the Ford, GM, & Toyota's.
Penske is a top tier team, without a team like them, you would be pissing in the wind if you are a manufacture.

Sorry day for NASCAR. Only see jap crap, Phords and Cheby.
Whats with that? Gone are the days when MOPAR ruled the track. Ever since NASCAR allowed jap crap to race, it has gone to hell in a hen cart.

Not to fear 66Silverfish,

Mopar will be back in NASCAR next year. They are just "regrouping". The key Mopar teams jumped ship and went to either Ford or Turdyoda because the sponsorship money was greater. There are 3 key team owners who are being wined and dined by Chrysler right now in an attempt to persuade them to return to Mopar rides.

Remember folks, it's all about the money. Nevermind the fan's feelings or wishes. That's why I don't watch NASCAR, IHRA, NHRA or any stick or ball sport anymore. IT's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and how much they can stuff in their pocket.

Have you been living under a rock!
Dodge won the nascar championship last year with only one team particapating.
Dodge won the Nationwide championship the year before.
Dodge also won previous Craftsmen truck series championships
Penske racing was the last Dodge team in Nascar this past year.
They fielded entries in Nationwide also.
Penske was unable to get a long term commitment from Dodge, so they changed to Ford's for the 2013 season.
The Dodge engine seems to be as competative as the Ford, GM, & Toyota's.
Penske is a top tier team, without a team like them, you would be pissing in the wind if you are a manufacture.

Mike,

Penske jumped ship just before the season ended. Yes, they won but the writing was on the wall. I think he went JAP CRAP but not sure. Money talks!!!!!

Mike; No I'm not living under a rock. However my parents did find me under a rock.
But back to the point, show me a MOPAR on the track this year. I watched "ski take the championship.

sscuda; hope you are right aboutthem returning. About as bad as when they got kicked out for the winged cars and 426. Cheby and Phord had to cry because they were getting their a$$ kicked by them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but,didn't somebody here that lives near Petty's shop see them truck in a new style (12 or 13)Charger body a couple months back?
Maybe there's hope....

What's else is there?

Thats what all sports is about nowadays.

65 Val

To answer your questions:

I'm not a spectator for any sport. If I can't play I don't want to watch. There's a lot more to life than parking your *** in front of the TV watching someone else having fun and making a ****-ton more money than you ever will. My hobby keeps me busy.

Yes, the almighty dollar rules everything. Your heroes worship the $$$$ and that is about all. They don't compete for your entertainment. They want to retire early with a lot of cash.

Do I sound cynical? You bet!!!

I would rather see a Challenger...those Nationwise Chally's last year were very cool lookin'!

The Challenger is good lookin' and I wish/thought they would be in the cup series soon when they came in nacar, fast body I thought :cheers:

Correct me if I'm wrong but,didn't somebody here that lives near Petty's shop see them truck in a new style (12 or 13)Charger body a couple months back?
Maybe there's hope....

Beater,

Yes, there are a few NASCAR concepts floating around. Chrysler is attempting to generate interest in a few prospective NASCAR teams. Petty Ent. is one of those teams. There is hope for Mopar in NASCAR but Chrysler has to land the "right" teams in order to be competitive.

Fiat is very competitive as you might know. They will engage the "right" people who will have the best chance at winning a championship.

All this will not happen overnight.

here was the charger body for 2013. as we all know it didnt happen.

Attachments

• 2013.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 309
I'd like to see an actual "stock" car series. Showroom cars, gutted interiors, safety equipment added....STOCK DRIVETRAINS!
Would lead to 2 things:
Good racing
Better production vehicles

I don't like what nascar has become.....I like it the way it was!

-
Back