Where are the MOPAR's in NASCAR

-
We can always hold our heads high for MoPar in Nascar, they rule when they are on the track...

Attachments

• brad.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 154
  • brad1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 170
  • petty.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 188
Gotta luv it!!!

bristol_postrace_nns.jpg

Mopar is at least two years away from getting back into NASCAR. The engine shop is closed and everyone is gone - it'll take years to get another organization together again.

Penske will NOT be as competitive as last year! The Dodge engines were a lot better than the Ford engines, not power wise but in other ways, of course some of this expertise will now be transferred to the Ford teams (anyone else remember when Toyota stole it and had to pay $10 million).

This is a real shame. Our Dodge boys really dropped the ball. Ford made Penske an offer and Dodge didn't even make a counter offer. Penske loved being the exclusive Dodge team. It did NOT need to end last year.

Realistically I don't think the marketing guys really care about racing.

What we need to find out is who ? if anyone now owns Penske's engine program . If some one bought it on the QT ( like Andretti ? wish ? ) that could be a sign of things to come . Maybe Dodge /SRT will be back but I think 2015 is the soonest .

Mike; No I'm not living under a rock. However my parents did find me under a rock.
But back to the point, show me a MOPAR on the track this year. I watched "ski take the championship.

Watch NHRA drag racing this year.
There will be plenty of Dodge's racing in all the Pro catagories.
Dodge won the Pro Stock & Funny Car championships in 2012.
Also, the TORC truck racing, Dodge has been kicking *** & taking names in that series.
Get out from under that rock & exspand your cable package. LOL

If Dodge doesn't get back into Nascar in 2014, Don't look for them to be back at all.
From a finacial standpoint, it doesn't make sense to spend the money on common template cars, that offer no feedback into the manufacturing of the car.
They would get more return on investment from sponsering a race & supplying support vehicles.
That old slogan "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday" doesn't work like it used to.
There is only a few people that take stock in reconition of winning a race for their brand of car.
Nascar has been losing fans & sponsers, faster than they can replace them.
The manufactures are taking notice as well.
Yes, I do miss seeing my Brand of car out there, but I'm the kind of loyal diehard fan that are slowly dying off.

65 Val

To answer your questions:

I'm not a spectator for any sport. If I can't play I don't want to watch. There's a lot more to life than parking your *** in front of the TV watching someone else having fun and making a ****-ton more money than you ever will. My hobby keeps me busy.

Yes, the almighty dollar rules everything. Your heroes worship the $$$$ and that is about all. They don't compete for your entertainment. They want to retire early with a lot of cash.

Do I sound cynical? You bet!!!

It seems that no matter how cynical I get, I JUST CAN'T KEEP UP!!

Like an earlier post said, I'd like to see real stock cars, too. Gut the interiors, add safety equipment, run stock drivetrains, NO GROUND EFFECTS or obvious aerodynamics! Make the cars on the track look like the ones on the street. The competition would be just as tough, maybe tougher, 50 mph slower and the wrecks wouldn't be as deadly. NASCAR factored the 426 hemi out and banned the wing cars, but now it's anything goes. For that matter lets make it WORLD ASCAR and let the furriners in. Just make the cars look like ones you and I could buy.

ATB

BC

Remember folks, it's all about the money. Nevermind the fan's feelings or wishes. That's why I don't watch NASCAR, IHRA, NHRA or any stick or ball sport anymore. IT's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and how much they can stuff in their pocket.

Yup, it really takes the appeal right out of it!

It seems that no matter how cynical I get, I JUST CAN'T KEEP UP!!

Like an earlier post said, I'd like to see real stock cars, too. Gut the interiors, add safety equipment, run stock drivetrains, NO GROUND EFFECTS or obvious aerodynamics! Make the cars on the track look like the ones on the street. The competition would be just as tough, maybe tougher, 50 mph slower and the wrecks wouldn't be as deadly. NASCAR factored the 426 hemi out and banned the wing cars, but now it's anything goes. For that matter lets make it WORLD ASCAR and let the furriners in. Just make the cars look like ones you and I could buy.

ATB

BC

Ragtop,

You will never see "real cars" in NASCAR or drag racing because the OEM's are trying to push their grocery getters. How many 2 dr Impalas, Fusions , or Chargers have you seen? That and the fact they are all uni-body cars that fold up at 5 mph. Can you imagine a 200 mph crash in one?

Today's NHRA new Super Stock cars are a good start but they are considered sportsman racers so there is no big money put out and very little factory support. To buy a Drag Pack Challenger and have it legal and competitive for Super Stock racing you might as well build a SS/ AH car. Pro Stock is starting to see new Camaros and Mustangs. The new Challenger has all the aero qualities of a brick so it might be a while before we see one that's remotely close to competitive without major body mods.

Go to a Chrysler dealer and ask for a 2dr Avenger. The salesman will give you a double take. I know I did this last fall.

NASCAR and NHRA try to maintain a level playing field to prevent whining from all the OEM's. It appears to Mopar lovers that the sanctioning bodies favor the GM and Ford boys and maybe they do.

The current NASCAR tracks can't hold much above 200 mph so there are safety factors to consider as well. Any and all NASCAR related car engineering is mostly done on handling and braking. What little engine work is done on keeping the block together at 10K rpm for 5+ hours.

I stopped racing in NHRA in 1967 because the sportman racer was treated like dog - chit and from what I hear and read nothing has changed. I've only raced once in IHRA Super Stock B (2004) and it was much the same treatment. I paid $380.00 entry fee and got to make a whole 5 runs. Never again!! Now, I'll race when I feel like it and where I feel like it and it won't be at either sanctioning body's event.

This is lifted from the Morgan Shepard Racing website.

NEW NEWS
MSRV will be in a Dodge for Daytona race Feb 23,2013 with a Penske engine. In a search for a engine for Daytona, Dodge was the only one MSRV could find at this point. After Daytona, MSRV is not sure what the future holds without Sponsorship. MSRV is also actively seeking Sponsorship for the 2013 Feb Daytona race as well as the rest of the 2013 season. Without it, MSRV's future is dim. If you would like to showcase your company, MSRV can do just that. At the age of 71, Morgan Shepherd can still wheel a car and race with the young guns...

Yes, I'm aware of that, but as far as I know, there hasn't been any in testing.
I would asume that Nascar would not let a body, that hasn't tested, to be allowed to run.
That would bring us back to the 2012 car, which is no longer legal.
So, I don't see a Dodge trying to qualify for Daytona.

This is lifted from the Morgan Shepard Racing website.

NEW NEWS
MSRV will be in a Dodge for Daytona race Feb 23,2013 with a Penske engine. In a search for a engine for Daytona, Dodge was the only one MSRV could find at this point. After Daytona, MSRV is not sure what the future holds without Sponsorship. MSRV is also actively seeking Sponsorship for the 2013 Feb Daytona race as well as the rest of the 2013 season. Without it, MSRV's future is dim. If you would like to showcase your company, MSRV can do just that. At the age of 71, Morgan Shepherd can still wheel a car and race with the young guns...

I went to his website. The deal is with a Nationwide car.
So he will be in a Challenger, as those cars have not changed for 2013.

Morgan Shepherd will do great in Nationwide, Look out young guns, he will be packing
Thank you for the update

Watch NHRA drag racing this year.
There will be plenty of Dodge's racing in all the Pro catagories.
Dodge won the Pro Stock & Funny Car championships in 2012.
Also, the TORC truck racing, Dodge has been kicking *** & taking names in that series.
Get out from under that rock & exspand your cable package. LOL
Cable, whats that? I still have Rabbit ears. LMFAO

I'd like to see an actual "stock" car series. Showroom cars, gutted interiors, safety equipment added....STOCK DRIVETRAINS!
Would lead to 2 things:
Good racing
Better production vehicles

I don't like what nascar has become.....I like it the way it was!

that makes us two thinking that way. :D

-
Back