Where can I find a locking gas cap for my 71 swinger?

-
i have on on my 70 but i want a factory chrome one for my car before i get rid of it.

This may sound old school , but do they still make a tapered stainless spring
you put on your filler tube?
Or are you concerned about some one putting something in it.:dontknow:

Nowadays, I think he is probably worried about what someone might take OUT of it. I got one for my son's '74 Dart Sport at Advance Auto - brand was Stant.

Jerry

Have you tried Checker? They had one for my '74 Ramcharger.

Of course you could do the Mad Max thing with a pound or two of C-4.

I've got a 71 as well. Saw somewhere that our 71's have a one year only tank filler. Don't know if that is true or not. Anyway, what I ended up having to do on ours is just go down to Kragen/Schucks/Checker and trying the caps. I ended up finding one that fit pretty well. Only issue is that I doubt it will last too long. Once the rubber seal perishes then it will probably fit loose. Would still be on and stop the casual siphoner, but would probably be fumey. Thinking of swapping on a later model filler tube to get caps that fit right. I assume they will just swap without too much bother.

Cheers

Found where I posted I found one to fit our car at least. Just brought it to the top again. Hope that helps.

Cap seems to have been working fine on our car for a while now. Just more keys to keep up with though.

-
Back