where can i get one of these?

-

scampy72

Reaction score
i am looking for a 440 intake that can have an 8 pack set up (8 one barrel carbs) anyone know if these exist and if they do where can i get one? i wanna do a velocity stack type of intake on a 440.

custom built is all your gonna find, and big$$$. closest you'll get for a manufactured piece would be a T-ram
with dividers in the plenium and all 8 barrels going at the same time.

Make one yourself. A little thinking about the design, a little sheet metal, and a little welding is all it takes. There are a few good threads on the HAMB about making intakes with plenty of pictures. I'll see if I can find the link.

looks like to me you are in for a tuning nightmare. tuning a pair of quads is a pain. six packs i hear can be a pain too.... i'd say do some homework before you commit your self to such a project. i am not at all doubting your intell. please dont get me wrong. every time i buy something on a whim i wind up selling it for half of what i bought it for. just trying to be helpful.
peace

Thanks for the warning SK, i no its gonna be a itch tuning these things but im willing to do the work plus i got some friends that are good with that sort of thing who have set ups like this on their hot rods, so i think ill be fine and dont worry no offense taken.

8 1 barrel carbs will be a tuning nightmare. The airflow thru each carb at an idle is very, very small. On a 440, you would be feeding only 55 cubes and you have only 1 piston needing air once every 4 revolution of the motor.

This is another reason why this set-up was not used except on a Bonneville car..........
4-4BBLS.jpg

That's why it's Hilborn INJECTION. No problem with idle quality, especially with electronic injection, which I believe they offer.

-
Back