Where can I get these ignition points from?

-
LOL. That phrase does not mean what you appear to wish it meant.
I make my living at various applications of electronics from a very wide range of years.
I appreciate the things that permit service.
If the manfucturer will provide documents that allow me to service easily, that's a plus. If I have read the circuit board to see what's going on, I can still do that, but I can't imagine replacing a failed electrolytic capacitor on circuit board, on the side of an interstate while we are already late getting to cousin Jeryld's for Sunday dinner.
I've made some pretty crazy repairs to keep multi-million dollar presses in production over the weekends, and seen some damn-fool engineering fail where straight forward common sense wouldn't have failed at all.
Touch-pad interfaces, LCD displays, all designed to impress the people who buy the stuff, but don't consider that when the damn thing doesn't work, they can't just put in a simple switch to get by, and they miss a deadline on a hot job.
No one wants to stock all the things needed to support the gee-whiz tech, but they'll still piss and moan monday morning about a press being down all weekend.
I once kept a Kodak Nexpress running all weekend, where a tiny bearing on a delivery belt failed. They were DOWN, and Kodak couldn't be in till Monday, but they'd still like to run.
Could I please try to do something?
I took the bearing apart, threw away the galled ball bearings, cut a tiny piece of leather to go snugly between the inner and outer races, locked the outer race to leather with super glue, greased between both sides, and they ran over 100,000 impressions over the weekend.
Kodak came in Monday and said, "What happened? You said you were down."
They were quite impressed with that stupid little bearing, and kept it for show-and-tell.

That doesn't bother me nearly as much as the Rochester carb I found on my 318 in a Dart in 1980.

ROFL. That was factory equipment:

Dualjet_FPC.jpg

They were fine carbs, too; at least as good and at least as bad as the various Carters and Strombergs and Holleys more commonly used on Mopars. Wasn't the last time Chrysler bought carbs from Rochester, either; they put Quadrajets on 318s and 360s in the '80s. And GM's electronic ignition is objectively better than Chrysler's.

Seriously: hate on lousy parts because they're lousy, not because they were made by a company affiliated with the maker of a brand of car other than the one you prefer.

The benefit to electronics is all selective perception
LOL. That phrase does not mean what you appear to wish it meant.

I make my living at various applications of electronics from a very wide range of years. I appreciate the things that permit service. If the manfucturer will provide documents that allow me to service easily, that's a plus. If I have read the circuit board to see what's going on, I can still do that, but I can't imagine replacing a failed electrolytic capacitor on circuit board, on the side of an interstate while we are already late getting to cousin Jeryld's for Sunday dinner.

Oh, c'mon. The service instructions look like this:

Dead ignition module: Replace ignition module. That's one multi-wire connector and three screws. Five minutes if you're working slowly. Seven minutes if you count washing and drying your hands afterwards.

Dead distributor pickup coil: Replace pickup coil. That's one 2-wire connector and two screws, plus the use of a nonmagnetic feeler gauge to set the air gap. Five minutes if you're working slowly (add some extra minutes if it's a Slant-6 engine, because you'll want to pull the distributor).

Either way, I'll make it to cousin Jeryld's just fine for supper while you're still on the side of the road fiddlefutzing around with breaker points—in fact, I probably never had to stop alongside the road in the first place, because my ignition system probably didn't fail—and now we're out of service procedures because we're out of electronic ignition-specific components that could potentially fail. Unless one of them fails, the ignition system will keep working perfectly and the timing will remain wherever it was set. There is no "selective perception" here.

I've made some pretty crazy repairs to keep multi-million dollar presses in production

Which is nifty and respectable, but has nothing to do with the ignition question at hand.

ROFL. That was factory equipment:

Dualjet_FPC.jpg

They were fine carbs, too; at least as good and at least as bad as the various Carters and Strombergs and Holleys more commonly used on Mopars. Wasn't the last time Chrysler bought carbs from Rochester, either; they put Quadrajets on 318s and 360s in the '80s. And GM's electronic ignition is objectively better than Chrysler's.

Seriously: hate on lousy parts because they're lousy, not because they were made by a company affiliated with the maker of a brand of car other than the one you prefer.
But it didn't run with that carburetor, and my dad had a spare BBD hanging on a nail in the garage.
In 1980, I was pretty well sick of having my 1966 Plymouth badmouthed by all the Ford and Chevy guys, so I wasted no time removing that carb.

-
Back