Where Can One Find Published Factory 360 Piston Compression Height?

-
Now I gotta ask Rapid Robert what the dish pattern was on top of his 360 pistons.
Sure bro. I found 2 of em (both with the same CH) which I would think came out of the same engine & one has a wide notch (for the front orientation) & the other has (2) narrower notches which I had never seen before & I think it (or maybe the other one) had a # inside which at first glance appeared to be a Mopar # (I shoulda wrote it down). they both had the very wide shallow circular flat dish with no valve reliefs with only a half inch or so (guessing) of raised perimeter left around it (my camera is down or I would take a pic).

Thanks very much, RR.
So there you go.... aftermarket parts not quite being the same as factory... another source of confusion. Your dish sounds like the 1.576" CH dish shown by both Silvolite and Sealed Power catalogs.

I just found this post and it got me thinking. The chart link in post three gives the exact pin height (1.687) that would yield a zero deck if the deck height is truly 9.60. I built the 360 engine I’m initially putting in my dart about 35 years ago with no thought of quench. I’m .050 below the deck but with my shaved J heads at 60 cc, I have a static compression ratio of about 9.5 that I’m fine with. I disassembled the engine for cleaning since it sat for so long so when I get back to my shop Monday I’m going to check the actual pin height of my pistons. Then I can see if there is a step dome with .050 more pin height that will provide better quench with not much more compression. Thanks for the discussion.

-
Back