Where Did All The Mopar Drag Racers Go!!!

-

flboatman1

Reaction score
Are There Any Mopar Racers In The Tampa Bay Area ? Iv'e Ben Drag Racing For The Lasty 8 Months Here, And Useuley The Only Dodge At The Track Is Me! Where Are All Of You Did You Die! Leave Dodge Affraid Of All The Mustangs And Chevs !come On Your Better Then That. Lets Show How Stroung We Are, The Best Track Around Is Lakeland Motor Sports Sat. At 5. I Drive The 1972 Dart Yellow With The The Rumble Bee Strip On Rear, Super Pro Car 360 Single 750 Pro Form Runs 6.9 7.0 98/100 Mph. 1.46 60ft. Good Enough To Compete With All These Guys . If I Turn On My 210 Shut Of Nitrus Its 6.40 Dont Need It . And Age Is No Excuse I'm 65 Yrs. Young. I Feel Like All The Mopar Guys Are Gone, Lets Talk Thanks Fl Boatman1. Maybe The Name Is Right ,is That What You Think Of Your Mopar, Boat!!!!

Are There Any Mopar Racers In The Tampa Bay Area ? Iv'e Ben Drag Racing For The Lasty 8 Months Here, And Useuley The Only Dodge At The Track Is Me! Where Are All Of You Did You Die! Leave Dodge Affraid Of All The Mustangs And Chevs !come On Your Better Then That. Lets Show How Stroung We Are, The Best Track Around Is Lakeland Motor Sports Sat. At 5. I Drive The 1972 Dart Yellow With The The Rumble Bee Strip On Rear, Super Pro Car 360 Single 750 Pro Form Runs 6.9 7.0 98/100 Mph. 1.46 60ft. Good Enough To Compete With All These Guys . If I Turn On My 210 Shut Of Nitrus Its 6.40 Dont Need It . And Age Is No Excuse I'm 65 Yrs. Young. I Feel Like All The Mopar Guys Are Gone, Lets Talk Thanks Fl Boatman1. Maybe The Name Is Right ,is That What You Think Of Your Mopar, Boat!!!!

That is just the way it is. Mopars are a rare thing at the track. I would go out to LACR (when it was still open) here in socal and watch 2 or 3 Mopars take on a sea of chebys and phords. At the end of the night there was allways at least one Mopar in the finals.

Come to the midwest. The only Mopar iron you ever see around here is at the dragstrips.

Few Mopars at the races is due to the fact it is so much cheeper to run a chebby. Your local engine builder will have you in a 383 chebby stroker for alot less than your 408 Mopar. Lots of kids start out racing and can't aford to set foot in any kind Mopar. I don't like it but Mopar parts are way too much money. My .02 worth.

You are on the wrong coastline, there's a few of us that race in Bithlo ...(Speedworld) :cheers:

thanks for the reply guys! in the mid 1960's to the mid 70's I owned a drag strip ' do I ever wish I still had it. then 40% of the cars racing were mopar. full bodied plys and dodges, runing 10.30's 413, 426, wedges and hemies. we had one guy that would fill his slicks with w2o, the cars name was
r Clean, he held the national record in SS/BA at that time the best traction burn out liquid was boones farm apple wine. and if you needed a tast you had it in hand. don't laugh its true if you don't beleave it find Johnson/Johonson&Zappa C/Gas dragster owners. form the late 1960's they were the first to use it, they were form Mpls. Mn. at Tenora Dragways Comstock Wisc. now that we've had some fun lets find some mopar people in Tampa Bay aera. I would love to able to race back in midwest or Calif. But I'm to old to tow that far. thanks for the offer. Yours Truley Gary Hansen

same situation here for me...hardly any mopars around at all, especially at the track...everyone drives a chevy or a ford...i get excited whenever i see a mopar, especially at the track.

HI MSHRED, HERES TO THE MOPAR CHICKENS:thebirdm: MAYBE THEY WILL HAVE THE GUTS, OR IS IT BALLS TO SHOW UP! OR EVEN CHAT WITH US!

Lots of MOPARS at Milan Dragway.

We have a lot of MOPARs in general here in SE Mi.

I am amazed on how many Road Runners, Challengers and Super Bee's that I see just crusing at the local shows. That are almost as common as camaro's here.

Pete

HI MSHRED, HERES TO THE MOPAR CHICKENS:thebirdm: MAYBE THEY WILL HAVE THE GUTS, OR IS IT BALLS TO SHOW UP! OR EVEN CHAT WITH US!

LMAO! yea hopefully they will...Everyone i see with a mopar is concerned about keeping it original which is fine...but hardly do i see the racer guys who know that part of Mopar's heritage was kicking *** at the track...maybe its just me, but ive had other people who live in my area tell me the same thing...thats why when my scamp is done, its gonna be the best of the mopar world- its a mopar so its rare, its a scamp so its rare, and its a street/strip car so its different there too lol...atleast it will be rare where i live...I wish there was more mopars at the track, would make it more enjoyable then watchin camaros and rustangs all day...:sign11:

I'll have to snap some pics at my local hellhole-in-the-wall track for you guys this summer. There's lines of Mopars in the pits.

There are plenty of Fords and Chevies (Chevys?) too, but the Chryslers are definitely out there.

Steve

At Yakima we have a Mopar only class on friday night. One friday last year my lowly dart was the slowest car in the bracket at 12.48. This was an eighteen car field. Pro bracket on saturday is at least 1/3 Mopar. We have a local engine builder that builds Mopars for less or same money as the !@#$@!$ .

my cuz from daytona won at the gators this yr ...... dough man ....... won mopar

there quite a few at slippery world in (speedworld) , all top fuel are mopars ,funnie cars are mopar, an we are all mopar what more do you want,i live close to lakeland an do not go would rather ride 2hours to speedworld an watch ( no trailer is why i watch ) coming soon

to dartman340ta those top fuel cars Don't run original chrysler engines they are after market racing engs. about the only thing on car thats mopar is lettering , how do I know I owned and drove One . there isn't that many mopars showing up at local tracks on weekends. as for the
Gator Nationals what was the % of real Mopars from fl. racing? not very many . we run real mopars ! Gary P.S. if I don't have any problems I'll be Lakeland Sat night. 72 yellow dart black strip on rear, and aluim. wing. with shut under it.

We have a few Mopars up here racing regularly every weekend,including myself.I run my Dart Sport,but this year it,s gonna be the 66 Dart I,m building as we speak.The track up here(Toronto Motorsports Park)also called Cayuga Dragway Park is opening in 11 hours.To bad it,s supposed to rain in the morning!Keep the tires danglin!:clock:

I just got back from the test and tune tonight and I bet there was a dozen old mopars at http://www.mokandragway.com/ next weekend is the all mopar event I'll see if I can get some pics Saturday. They were running good all night also.

I pray that tomorrow will be a nice day for you at your track. If your racing good luck
!:grin: GARY

I go to Orlando speedworld ,quite a drive {over 100 mi.} run in the high 13's capped up on BFG's. Nothin like driving a stick car to the track ,racing and driving home.Much fun as long as you don't break.

oct 10 002.jpg

Here at the albuquerque dragway we have mopar challenge series (mopars only)put on by the track and our car club. It's five race days spread out from may to sept. who ever has the most points at the end gets a pretty good cash prize. Those days we have quite a few mopars at the track. I will be taking pics on May 1st for everyone.

Dustery is right. I've been there, done that! You can build two fast chebies for the cost of one good Mopar. The very corporation we have helped to keep alive has crapped on us with their parts deals and since after market production numbers are so much lower for Mopars, the unit prices of the aftermarket manufacturers is higher. I have found most racers with a Mopar who are successful have very deep pockets. You can just about build a quick chebie with parts you find laying along the side of the road! Look at the rediculous prices of the hemi crate engines. Just look what valve covers cost! Now you know I am a died in the wool Mopar man even though I successfully raced chebbies in the past. I wish there was some way that we could unite and protest Chrysler's pricing both from their Performance Parts Div. and the others like Mancini. I lived in St. Pete for a lot of years and raced at Sunshine Dragstrip and of course Bradenton and it was really rare to see a successful Mopar even then. I remember a guy named Sonny Rowlett who ran a dart called "Pride" that was consistent and another fellow with a 340 Duster that consistently won brackets at Sunshine. He was a good friend of Alan Kent and hung out at his garage with the Pontiacs. I guess I'm showing my age! Good luck at Lakeland. I have a friend up here from Brooksville with a yellow 440 Duster, a really nice car, he he will be going there real soon. On FABO he is "jeffro" so you can click search and see pics of his car. If you are the only Mopar there, big guy, you are THE standout!!
Pat

We always have a nice turn out of Mopars at Marion Co.International Raceway in Larue OH.I think it's the closer to Detroit the more Mopars.

thanks PFogel, like you I was a G.M. racer back in1959 through 1986 first car 1949 chev. #2 1960 buick fast old nial head the first 14.6o car I had. then the 1953 chev with a olds J2 and a 4 speed B&M sick hydomatic, then in 1964 it was a GTO, 66 a 442,67 a 442 that ran under the NHRA. national rec. I wone the NHRA> pts meet at Minn dragways that year. NOW CAME MY FIRST MOPAR 1969 CORNET 440 RT. AND I BOUGHT MY WIFE A 1970 CHALLANGER 383 MAG. RT.then a 56 chev BRACKET CAR , then my first Dodge Daytona Funnie car no real chrysler parts anywhere the body said daytona on it. went sideways at Firebird raceway in Phx. and retired. and finally at 65 I Own A REAL MOPAR RACE CAR. AND DOES IT FEAL GOOD TO PULL INTO THE TRACK WITH THIS LITTLE YELLOW BEAST. O LORD KEEP ALL MY RACE FRIENDS SAFE THIS SEASON. THANKS GARY

That,s quite the track record you have!And still at it?Congrats. Do you have any pics. of the Little Yellow Beast?

-
Back