Where did the scamp threads go?

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I never paid attention to scamps before because I didn't have one but now I picked up a 71 scamp and I am looking for threads regarding scamps and cant seem to find much with the search box.

where did they go?? I could swear I remember a "post your scamp thread somewhere....maybe long time ago??

I think there a number of members here who are into scamps

I had one. Planned a 451 for it, but, as usual, life got in the way and I had to sell it. Looks like that's happenin again. That's how it goes I guess.

I had one. Planned a 451 for it, but, as usual, life got in the way and I had to sell it. Looks like that's happenin again. That's how it goes I guess.

was it a 71 ?? slant six car ??

now that you say that , I remember "StrokerScamp " when I first joined here

Similar story as triple-r, got one from a friend when I was very young and my son was very LOL. Had a big huge dent in the back driver side. My friend got it from his aunt who had it from brand new. Goodness I think the only thing only had like 60,000 miles on it. Of course it ran perfect till the day I sold it. The first wife was against it and of course we were very young and I knew if we talked to her father he would agree that it was a sensible car. She didn't like the friend I was buying it from and didn't care for the way it looked either I don't think LOL.

Sorry to hear you guys kinda lost your scamps.
Maybe another one will come along

This one I just picked up was a spur of the moment thing. I know the guy who had it, you could say a friend very loosely. I remember when he got the car back in 2009, I went and saw it at his house. He parked it in a little garage and locked the door. Now March of 18, he has not done much to the car except bolt on a lot of misc. wrong year parts to it. He decided he doesn't want to mess with the car anymore and shoots me a dirt cheap price and added a little to deliver it.

So what was I supposed to do. I had it delivered to my friend's house so I don't get any parental drama. The usual lecture " you need to save more money for your future" blah blah. They are right, but I am still not giving up a 500. dollar scamp.

It was a 318 car but sits in the bay is a half disassembled dead 318. When I say dead, I mean windowed dead with a big hole in the oil pan, its done. The interior is crap, driver window has been busted out and windshield gone for longer than I have been alive.

Came with some extra fenders even though they are 72, the wrong year. (they were on the car at first which led me to believe it was a 72 until I got the title and saw 1971).

It needs a lot of TLC but don't they all

I have a 71. It was a /6 auto with power steering. Now it has a 440, narrowed 8 3/4, in boarded springs, mini tubs, 6 point roll bar, fender well headers... the list goes on. Ive spent quite a bit of time and money on it and only get to the track maybe once or twice a year. It runs high 11 sec quarter mile times... pretty fun

I have a nice pair of the '71 Scamp only chrome front marker lights if you need a set?

5A36B08C-225F-4C8B-AC36-B7048BBD15A5.jpeg
1CE94CEC-32C6-4178-B156-D0652FCB018A.jpeg

Here’s my ‘71. It had a 408 stroker and an A833 4 speed. Tons of fun!

I sold mine to a friend and it found it's way to a young gun. Couldn't have planned a better reason to let it go.

I have a '71 slant 6 column auto Scamp, but it's pretty much a parts car.
It has a fair amount of rust especially in the back...........

I never paid attention to scamps before because I didn't have one but now I picked up a 71 scamp and I am looking for threads regarding scamps and cant seem to find much with the search box.

where did they go?? I could swear I remember a "post your scamp thread somewhere....maybe long time ago??

I've got a '75 Scamp Brougham 318, only 32,000 original miles, but needs lots of love. I hope to have it on the road in a couple of years? I like the '71 & '72's, but found mine and couldn't pass it up. Good luck with yours.

Got a 72 with 16000 original miles- just changed out original plugs and date coded wires 318 auto a/c ps pb

I could've sworn I had a Scamp thread started. Everyone knows the specs to mine.

IMG_5289.JPG

-
Back