Where do I look now

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s almost been 5 hours since that car was posted! What attempts have you made to contact the seller so far??
I think that it's been listed for sale for a while now, I believe it's the one that has rust around the wheel wells and I'm in the process of seeing what it would cost to get repaired and painted. I'm a firm believer in doing my homework before making a purchase. I don't think that it will sell anytime soon.

I think that it's been listed for sale for a while now, I believe it's the one that has rust around the wheel wells and I'm in the process of seeing what it would cost to get repaired and painted. I'm a firm believer in doing my homework before making a purchase. I don't think that it will sell anytime soon.
Do you think or do you know?? There’s a big difference between the two.

100% you should do your homework! How are you going to know if it’s the one that has rust around the wheel wells? If it does have rust, how are you going to get an estimate of what it will cost?

I smell a lot of excuses after you mention in post #114 ‘the car is perfect, I can't believe it‘

Suddenly it’s not.

I don't want to pay 25k for a car but in order to get a decent car that's what they are bringing, now being worth it is another thing. I found a really clean 1974 gold duster 318 car with what I'd like to have on a car but I'm not paying 43k for a A body mopar especially when it's not a 340 car.
I posted you a link to a really clean 74 that you could probably get for less than 18 grand.....Whats wrong with that car?

Or look for a 4 door with either a 6 or V8, something clean that an older person owned. Those I have seen and they are way cheaper

It took 2 months to find my trans am...
I wanted a 93-97..( lt1) preferably hard top and automatic... very good condition with around a 10k budget...
In order to keep on budget and get the best parts of my criteria I had to compromise...

I'm looking at the dart you sent me info on
no Dan ..... don't "look" at the add .... CALL the guy... MESSAGE the guy.... Ask him if 14,500 cash buys it tonight !!!!! If he says yes, vroooooom on over and BUY it !!

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

It took 2 months to find my trans am...
I wanted a 93-97..( lt1) preferably hard top and automatic... very good condition with around a 10k budget...
In order to keep on budget and get the best parts of my criteria I had to compromise...
That's what I have to do

I posted you a link to a really clean 74 that you could probably get for less than 18 grand.....Whats wrong with that car?

Or look for a 4 door with either a 6 or V8, something clean that an older person owned. Those I have seen and they are way cheaper
That was the dart? 4 doors are family cars only they are not for car shows

Do you think or do you know?? There’s a big difference between the two.

100% you should do your homework! How are you going to know if it’s the one that has rust around the wheel wells? If it does have rust, how are you going to get an estimate of what it will cost?

I smell a lot of excuses after you mention in post #114 ‘the car is perfect, I can't believe it‘

Suddenly it’s not.
Its the same one and I'm not paying 28k for a car that needs body work. 20-22 tops

There is an a soul on this forum that doesn't want you to find what you are looking for but.
What was it again you were looking for?
A clean 1970 - 1972 dart, 1970 - 1974 duster with a V8, automatic transmission, ps, and Hopefully ac

Our time here would be better served discussing the Dan's idea of the old Mopar market falling on its face. We all remember a couple of falls in the market, and also the steady rises and the fact that any decent project is almost non existant today. Good old cars are not cheap. These cars are what 50-60 years old. Most "good" cars have been "restored" to some degree a few times already. Any steel bodied car will never remain being just like the day it left the factory even if the owner pays $80,000 for the resto. Just fact.

I am amazed how every vinyl top car has a roof rusted off Mopar Ford, whatever! Was not that many years ago it was not the case! Today, $10-15000 for a 68-70 Roadrunner POS roller. More for a POS second gen Charger roller. $3000 up for A body rollers that are not even a decent parts car. The amount of $$$ and work it takes to build any old car! wow! A guy looked at one of my drivers while ago and said "too much work for him, the turn signal switch was bad and one of the side marker lights was out!!" I said yep, check with Fast Eddie's Used Car Emporium, he will fix anything!!

I am blessed. I am 75 and can do my body work to suit me I can make it perfect or I can make it a decent driver and I WILL drive the **** out of it when I like! I love the hunt for an old car worthy of my time and $. It is a struggle today but it is a game I have played for years, Gets harder all the time but IF I had $15000-20000 I wanted to spend, I could buy some darn nice cars worth the $ BUT I bet 95% of them will not be in a two hour drive!!!!!! Would I enjoy a nice car I gave that much for????? NOoooooooo. Just me.

I went to Ga way back in the late 90s to visit famly and looked for anything on the way worth buying and hauling back to Mo. . I picked up a 68 GTX driver, needed nothing. When I got back to Mo. I had guys wanting to come look that lived in S. end of K.C., it was 2 hours away> TOO FAR to come look THEY SAID!!! I said F*** you whiney a*******, I just hauled this rust free nice car 1000 miles and you a******* are too stupid or lazy to come look. A few days later a guy drove 2 days to buy it. People are funny. Not funny funny...just funny. :BangHead::thumbsup::poke:

Last edited:
There is an a soul on this forum that doesn't want you to find what you are looking for but.
What was it again you were looking for?

A clean 1970 - 1972 dart, 1970 - 1974 duster with a V8, automatic transmission, ps, and Hopefully ac
Exactly what I posted on page 1. 71 Dart, 2 door hardtop, V8, auto, real good shape, buy and drive today, I would bet 90% sure that would have power steering :)

It was a two door car. Did you open the link?
Ive tried to help and encourage you but 4 door cars aren't for car shows? Since when?
Plenty of people apprentice a nicely kept 4 door car, it gets you into the hobby instead of having to stand on the sidelines

For everyone BUT DTM. I messaged the man with the 72 in st Chas mo and got a response in less than an hr. Apparently still for sale. Could have an appt to see it Friday. Man's name is Mike Lawson.

I have a lot of fun bringing my ‘family car’ to shows, And, people love it
Most all of these were family cars l o l two doors or four doors...
Tiger woods talks about his mom taking him to his golf practices when he was a kid in the duster...

It was a two door car. Did you open the link?
Ive tried to help and encourage you but 4 door cars aren't for car shows? Since when?
Plenty of people apprentice a nicely kept 4 door car, it gets you into the hobby instead of having to stand on the sidelines
There's the link, again.
If you dont like the car thats one thing but people are trying to help, at least look at it

Most all of these were family cars l o l two doors or four doors...
Tiger woods talks about his mom taking him to his golf practices when he was a kid in the duster...
What's that they say ....... "real car guys don't count doors" .....

Dan, start by checking out two cars that cover everything you are looking for and appear to be very nice cars.

1. @CudaChick1968 Duster

2. The Dart @Steve welder posted

Call, get more info on each one, plan a trip to see them!!

1688418526847.png

My bet is that he is located in Germany and has a school sociology project where he waged that he could get 500K responses on strictly one subject.

A+

wow, it's no wonder you can't find a car with that kind of an attitude. i can only imagine dealing with you in person or over the phone on a potential sale.

i figure a lot of people tell you to pound sand when you come off like that, i know i would.

i really, truly, hope that you find a car and that it's all that you think it's cracked up to be-- only for it to have multitudes of shitty problems and hidden issues. all because of your ignorance and hardheadedness. your hubris, ultimately, will get you what you deserve.

but who are we kidding. nothing is ever going to be a good enough car, a good enough deal, in the right place, at the right time or [insert wet fart noise here]. you'll wind up buying some rusted out shitbox that's slap *** wore out and wholly complain about it endlessly while asking stupid questions about frivolous details that are easily fixed with very little money or mechanical aptitude, could be googled, or the answers are commonly known and found here.

and best of all, when we point that out, you, true to nature, will get all indignant and sullen like a child and chirp up that "you did your own research" or that "you know cars" and then start yet another round of bellyaching about how camaros and mustangs are so much cheaper and easier to work on and you just don't understand why mopars have to be so expensive and difficult, and how you have to be rich to own one and there's no parts out there for them.

and on that, you can set your damn watch to. mark it boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back