Where do you get away from it all?????

-

swifter

Reaction score
Just got back from opening the cabin in northern Wis.... Front pic and back looking from deck down to the river. Show us your get away spot!!!! This is the ONE place I can go and UNWIND!!!!!!!!

My buddy has about 5 acres, 20 minutes outside of town. Got a double wide on it, pretty nice garage and a decent pond. We sit out by the fire and listen to the radio. Drink lots of beer...

I forgot to up load the pics they are in a separate thread under GEEZ!!!!! I don't know how to fix that.

My recreation property in Maple Falls WA near Mt Baker, its about an hour & 30 mins from my home.

100_5694.jpg

Maui! My wife and I love it there. As soon as we land and get a whiff of the tropical air, the stress starts to melt away. Here are two of my favorite spots there (there are many, it's hard to choose!). One is sunset on Kaanapali Beach and the other is the Keanae Peninsula on the way to Hana (second & third photos)

Attachments

• 107_0715 (Medium).JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 304
  • 109_0947 (Medium).JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 109_0949 (Medium).JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 282
The lake house up north, also northern Wisconsin

Attachments

• IMG_0909 copy.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 277
We used to go up to Mercer and water ski and fish in Trude Lake. We had some fun times up there. Then in winter we would snowmobile.

Just got back from opening the cabin in northern Wis.... Front pic and back looking from deck down to the river. Show us your get away spot!!!! This is the ONE place I can go and UNWIND!!!!!!!!

Do You Fish For These Toothy Critters, Have Been For Along Time.

We used to camp in Death Valley, CA. before it was 'bout illegal without a permit. we would find a random dirt road off the highway and drive for about another hour and just stop an circle the wagons, never saw anyone outside our group of 4-5 campers. Nothin' but desert, hills, stars and motorcycles...

I found this while fishing a few years back. It's off RT 6 in Pa, not far from Scranton

Attachments

• 100_2987r.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 255
I go here there and yonder to get away from it all :happy1:

Attachments

• vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20074.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Picture 222 127.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 8creed.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 8fish1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 209
  • SNAKE!!!%20102.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 208
  • ebay402%20056.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 207
I go swimmin in a bottle of Southern Comfort.

Last night I shot this panorama out our back while we were chilling with a cab. Really cool front (or end lol). To give you perspective, the trees on the left side of the picture are actually north east, and the ones on the right side are north west.

Big Sky Country.

Grant

Attachments

• SmallStitch2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 174
Well we tend to camp throughout beautifull B.C .There are literally hundreds of campsight's to chose from!

I'm jealous! The best "getting away from it all" I got is a long weekend at the races.

I'm jealous! The best "getting away from it all" I got is a long weekend at the races.

I'll trade ya! You can have my getaway with my little booger's and unco-operative woman,I'll go racin!!!

I go out to the sand with family and friends. Have a lot of fun out there. When I am out there I forget about life and and all the BS back home and just have a good time. Unless I brake some thing. :banghead: :D

Attachments

• 000_0011.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 000_0010.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 000_0009.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 161
I'll trade ya! You can have my getaway with my little booger's and unco-operative woman,I'll go racin!!!

lol
Well, let me elaborate a bit - I'm not complaining that I do get to race, and travel because of it. Needless to say, I love it and am very fortunate that I can. I just wish I had time to actually take a "normal" vacation like is being described in this thread. I don't have time to even stop at a lot of cool places I see along he way or hang out with friends before or after races because I have to hurry back home for a variety of reasons.

i go either to the pool at my parents house or to the river that is very near to their house............located in south central India

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Karim 1.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 101
  • karim 2.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 127
Where do I go to get away from it all?

The title of this song says it all
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C0ZmRUudZ0"]Sniff'n the Tears - Driver's Seat 1978 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back