Where does this bushing go?

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
My block can back from the machine shop with this bushing attached. Not sure where it goes? Maybe between the rear main cap and block? Anybody know where it goes for sure?

Attachments

• bushing (Small).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 363
pilot bushing from crankshaft?

Size of the item would help.

It's about 3/4" long with a 1/2"i.d. & 9/16"o.d.

I put quite a few of these small blocks together. Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't know were it goes. lol..

Think I had picked up the block before even dropping off crank or rotating assembly. So I dont think it belongs to the crank.

I already put on rear main cap I was wondering if maybe if it was a locating dowel for the rear main cap maybe where the oil pump/distributer shaft goes through to the oil pump.

Or

I'm thinking it may not even belong to this motor. Machine shop will be open tomorrow I will be able to call.

Looks like a pilot bushing. does it look like it could fit in the crank bore? Score!

Alignment dowel for the head? I can't see the part in question, just throwing this out there.

George

Pulled main cap on old block in shed doesn't go in between block and cap.

I'm leaning heavy on the thought this was off some other customers project.

Goerge nailed it. That's a cylinder head alignment dowel.

Yea too big for cylinder head dowel

Yeah just when and measured mine. .310 (3/8=.375) and it's a solid pin.

My money is a pilot pushing for a standard transmission
They Tied it to the block becouse they didn't know if you tranmission is/was a auto or standard.

I know when I was putting my 318 together there were tons of spacers just like those on the various accessory bolts to locate all the bracketry, Did you send the motor to the shop assembled?

-
Back