Where does this go???

-

Futzy1

Reaction score
I think the picture is pretty self explanitory.
20161211_151417.jpg

Post № 3 is correct. That hose goes to one of the two nipples on the underside of the thermo sensor. They poke downward through the floor of the air cleaner. The other sensor nipple goes to a manifold vacuum port on the carburetor. See here (and subsequent pages).

I've never worked on a car with an air cleaner like this, and I see other people running /6s without all the hoses on the cleaner. Doestrogen it really do anything? Can I get rid of them?

I've never worked on a car with an air cleaner like this, and I see other people running /6s without all the hoses on the cleaner. Doestrogen it really do anything? Can I get rid of them?
Yes you can get rid of them not sure on your do estrogen though. lol

The hose just runs a flap in the snorkel to close when the thermo is cold and cause the engine to draw hot air from the exhaust manifold through the sheild and a hose up to the snorkel.

The thermostatic air cleaner is all benefit, no drawback. Better driveability and fuel economy...why throw that away? Put it together so it's working correctly.

I agree w/ Dan, all benefit - faster warm-up and less pollution. Anybody needing any of those parts, I have from a 74 engine that I won't use. If local, PM me to stop by and get for free. I recall testing the snorkel diverter and it holds vacuum and actuates.

I agree w/ Dan, all benefit - faster warm-up and less pollution. Anybody needing any of those parts, I have from a 74 engine that I won't use. If local, PM me to stop by and get for free. I recall testing the snorkel diverter and it holds vacuum and actuates.
Same here on the east coast just taking up room, think I have all the sensors also for the rad etc.

-
Back