Where Exactly should the build sheet be?

-

country_ck

Reaction score
I took out the rear seat to day and Didn't see it. Can they be anywhere else? 1967 Barracuda

could be under the front seats, under the carpet, under the headliner, behind the glove box insert.

I usally find mine under the front or rear seats or both.I found part of one on the backside of my glovebox liner on top.I have heard of them being between the body and gas tank,above the headliner,and under the carpet but I have never found one there myself.I even read awhile back in MCG that one was found inside a original spare tire...WTF
Jim

could be under the front seats, under the carpet, under the headliner, behind the glove box insert.

AdamR thanks for all your help. If the questions ever start to be too much just tell me to knock it off.

The only places I haven't looked is under the headliner or behind the glove box insert. I ran the VIN decoder, I'm just curious to know as much about the car as possible. Is the build sheet the only other option. If not where can I found out more.

All bases covered for the build sheet, but you can get the build card directly from Chrysler, (aka IBM punchcard). They keep records up to 1967.
The build card was used to make the build sheet and the fender tag, and is apparently the most accurate.
Send them $45 and proof of ownership, VIN,etc.
They will send the build card and a letter.
Here is the website, and an example of the build card (if you get it and need help with the codes let me know):
http://www.chryslerheritage.com/pg904.htm

IBM blank 2.jpg

Which Chrysler plants can you get a build card for?St Louis,Hamtrack or what? Jim
It is not based on the plant, Chrysler keeps records of all build cards for cars up to 1967. I don't recall why the records end there.
My buildsheet was an animal's nest, so getting the card was assume. I also learned a few things and was able to follow up with Chrysler via e-mail and obtain more information.
The thing that was most interesting to me was the fact that the date on the fender tag was not the actual production or shipping date for the car- it was a scheduled shipping date. The build card list the scheduled build date and the actual shipping date, which was 5 days earlier.

most likely build sheet location for your 67 notch is in the rear seat bottom , between springs and foam.

Well I a 68 and a 70 so iguess it will not help me any....No I could not get the web site to work.

Well I a 68 and a 70 so iguess it will not help me any....No I could not get the web site to work.

LoL about exact location of build sheet. Not because country_ck asked the question but because there is no "exact" location. Besides those already cited, I've found them between the springs and upholstery of the rear seat back rest and, sadly, in other cars.

One of the things I have used to get history for old cars is to do a title search. Following registrations of the car backwards from your title will let you find out POs as well as mileage at the time the car changed hands. Most state DoTs can provide for a few $s. When you write, make sure you have the VIN correct. The search engines are not helpful when a digit is missing or out of place.

Good luck.8)

-
Back