Status
Not open for further replies.

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
so, ive been keeping an eye on the wheels for sale section but I just have not been able to find any SBP slotted aluminum rims on here

whats going on...or people hoarding them?

I would love to get a set in 15X8s or maybe even some big-n-smalls, 14X7 and 15X8?

the car is a 71 duster, with an 8 3/4 rear end so I'm not sure what sizes and backspacing works, but I'm guessing 8 inches with 4.5 backspacing is about max?

I have a set of 4 aluminum slots that have been powder coated black. One pair is 14x9 and the others are 14x7 I think. I'm not home right now to check them or send a picture. But let me know if your interested.

I have a set of 4 aluminum slots that have been powder coated black. One pair is 14x9 and the others are 14x7 I think. I'm not home right now to check them or send a picture. But let me know if your interested.

I would like to stay with the silver...and I would hate to rattle can over a fresh poweder job
are yours listed for sale here?

that sounds familiar

would a 9 inch wide rim fit in the rear well, with the springs in the stock location?

I have a set of 4 aluminum slotted mags that are unilug but they are all 14". I am not sure of the width off hand. The rear ones were on my 74 Duster until I found a set of 15" and the front ones were on a 68 GTX. I can measure the back spacing and width if you are interested. They are natural aluminum color.

seems there are two different types of uni-lug.. one goes down to 4 1/2" BP the other goes to 4" BP.. at least that's what the last 10 minutes of wheel searching makes me think...
I could be wrong...been 30 years since I've tried but I do have some here I'll try later...

I have a set of 4 aluminum slotted mags that are unilug but they are all 14". I am not sure of the width off hand. The rear ones were on my 74 Duster until I found a set of 15" and the front ones were on a 68 GTX. I can measure the back spacing and width if you are interested. They are natural aluminum color.

I guess it all depends on actual bolt pattern
I would prefer to stay away from the unilug, specially since I always thought that was only 4.5-4.75, but now I am curious what you have :happy1:

The fronts are 7" X 14" with 3 1/4" center hole and backspace is 3 3/8". The rears are 7.5" X 14" with 3 1/8" center hole and 3" backspace. I measured backspace from mounting flange to outer edge of the bead lip. They are dirty from sitting in my shed for a couple years but I think they would clean up nice. Tires are junk. I would remove tires to reduce shipping cost if you are interested in them. PM me if interested. In the pics the front rim is the dirtier one.

Attachments

• IMG_20160113_181527555.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_20160113_181429468.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_20160113_181218044.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 752
The fronts are 7" X 14" with 3 1/4" center hole and backspace is 3 3/8". The rears are 7.5" X 14" with 3 1/8" center hole and 3" backspace. I measured backspace from mounting flange to outer edge of the bead lip.

thanks for those pictures
a quick websearch indicates bolt pattern is measured by going from the BACK of one hole to the CENTER of the next
by that definition, it looks like yours are large bolt pattern
(don't take this the wrong way, I am just trying to be sure what I'm considering to buy will fit my car)

if you don't mind, ill wait for someone more knowledgeable then myself to chime in on this one

E mail sent with pictures of my small bolt pattern wheels 2 that are 14 X 5.5 and 2 that are 14 X 7

allright guys
little update, ive talked things over with the missus, and we decided we want to go with at least a 15/8 on the rear
(with the 408 engine, I need a little rubber there)

anyone have any kicking around ?

i've got a full set of alum us indy slot mags in 14 x 7 in the 4'' bc . they are all polished and the slots sanded smooth for polishing or painting . i even have a odd pare of americans 14 x 6 3/4 call t70's . but i'd rather keep the american's , and trade my us indy's for two more american's . anyone out there ?

If ya'all are gonna discuss, we should move this thread

as far as I'm concerned, this is still a legit "wanted add"

several people have indeed responded, but I have yet to find the perfect set
(and I would like to stay away from the price tag of brand new)

A 15x8 with 3.5 backspacing looks great on a duster that has BBP axles. If its still small bolt, maybe about 3 inch backspace would be good.

Hey 4mopwr, have you any pictures and how much are you looking to get? Could you pm me?

Good luck finding 15's in the SBP. I looked for years and finally found some locally. They were 15X8 Western style 5 hole, Shelby brand (?) and were custom drilled for a Duster's 5 on 4 at the factory. Didnt fit my 65 after all that. Cleaned up factory new looking with a scothbrite drum on a drill. I flipped them and had NO trouble selling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back