Where to buy a radiator?

-
Yours looks like a quality after-market alum radiator. I see prices from $150 - $300, depending on manufacturer. Check the lower outlet since it looks bigger than the top, so probably 1.75"D.

If so, one problem will be that your slant has a 1.5"D inlet on the water pump. If you can find a 1.75" hose that fits (maybe one for a SB), you can use a rubber sleeve to adapt at the water pump. I have a 1.5"D lower hose on my slant (Dayco 70776 I vaguely recall, but search my posts for real PN). To use that, you would have to adapt on the radiator side which is harder and probably requires a metal sleeve reducer and a few hose sections.

Thanks Bill, I will check into that hose, appreciate the help.

Well the aftermarket radiator that came with the Scamp won't work, it's too tall, didn't notice at first but after setting it in and looking at clearance for the hood, it will hit the hood.

Does it hit the hood even if you have it sitting on the front support? Don't worry about the mounting holes, you can easily drill new holes in the radiator bracket. If still too tall, it is probably for a B body, so might sell it there. One guy cut and folded down the radiator support on the car to make an alum one like yours fit, but I wouldn't do that.

Well I don't have the hood on yet, but you can see the neck is taller then the fenders so I figure its going to hit, it is on the support with nothing between the radiator and support. The radiator I wanna say is 26"x22" but I can't remember and I'm not home so I can't measure it at the moment but when I get a chance I will post the dimensions.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Forum Runner

-
Back