where to buy front disc conversion kit 65 dart

-

73dart360

Reaction score
where can i get a front discc conversion kit , im sure i need to upgrade my single Brake reservoir
also. where can i get this also
thanks

Look up MBM brakes on Google. They make 80% of all the kits. They are the direct manufacturer. Everyone else just re-brands them. Do some homework. You will see. Good luck.

Pirate Jacks is there retail outlet. Because MBM is the manufacturer. If you look close at other web sites you can see the MBM part numbers. First clue that the parts are Re-branded. Not knocking other sites. Just don't like the mark up on parts.

Pirate Jacks is there retail outlet. Because MBM is the manufacturer. If you look close at other web sites you can see the MBM part numbers. First clue that the parts are Re-branded. Not knocking other sites. Just don't like the mark up on parts.
If your helping me save money I appreciate it and will never complain .

Go buy your wife something nice with the money you saved tonight. :thankyou:

Hemi71X on this site rebuilds and sells real quality stuff. Maybe he will chime in.

Many posts, so search. The conversions mentioned are to the 1973+ factory disk setup. Your current wheels won't fit the bolts. The 64-72 factory disks were Kelsey-Hayes, but parts are very rare now. A guy here sells a nice refurb setup for ~$900. Wilwood is a common kit, but ~$1000. Scarebird is the cheapest, using common Toyota and Chevy parts.

Smart to change to a dual MC at the same time. A 1973 cast-iron 4-bolt would work, or get a 2-4 bolt adapter plate ($30 ebay) and use any later 2-bolt aluminum (many here use 80's Dodge truck). One place kits that for $90. If you don't have a booster, a complete kit is ~$140 (ebay).

Many posts, so search. The conversions mentioned are to the 1973+ factory disk setup. Your current wheels won't fit the bolts. The 64-72 factory disks were Kelsey-Hayes, but parts are very rare now. A guy here sells a nice refurb setup for ~$900. Wilwood is a common kit, but ~$1000. Scarebird is the cheapest, using common Toyota and Chevy parts.

Smart to change to a dual MC at the same time. A 1973 cast-iron 4-bolt would work, or get a 2-4 bolt adapter plate ($30 ebay) and use any later 2-bolt aluminum (many here use 80's Dodge truck). One place kits that for $90. If you don't have a booster, a complete kit is ~$140 (ebay).
I just bought 14" SBP wheels

I just bought 14" SBP wheels
I recall that at least one 1973+ retro-fit kit is adapted to SBP studs, so pursue that line of questioning. Personally, I wouldn't want the 1973+ setup since it uses a single-piston slider caliper and parts appear heavy. One advantage is the rotor-hub is integral so getting a new rotor gets you a new hub (hubs are hard to source for earlier cars), but downside is when you can't buy rotors anymore you will be stranded on hubs. K-H and Wilwood are fixed 4-pot calipers (like high-end cars today) and work w/ SBP. But, sounds like Scarebird is best for you (ebay).

-
Back