where to buy u bolts for 8 3/4

-

valiant360

Reaction score
I've been trying to get the ubolts off the 8 3/4 I got all day. The bolts are being very stubborn. they broke free easily , but are getting galded as I turn them. I've used penetrating oil and everythig to no avail. I'm afraid I might have to cut them loose. Who sells them?

I've been trying to get the ubolts off the 8 3/4 I got all day. The bolts are being very stubborn. they broke free easily , but are getting galded as I turn them. I've used penetrating oil and everythig to no avail. I'm afraid I might have to cut them loose. Who sells them?

I got mine from Summit. Just get the 3" axle tube ones about 7 to 8" long. I can dig up the part number if needed. They were competition engineering brand, CEE 7030 was the part number. click here http://store.summitracing.com/partd...7030&N=700+4294811629+400079+115&autoview=sku

local parts stores usually have them in stock. you'll get better quality from summit or something in my experience. I didnt even put a socket on my old ones, just zipped em off.

If u live near a truck sring repair shop...they have them by the thousands! Its cool to watch them bend them for you too. Ever wonder how to spread them out? Just tap on a hard surface at the bend.

If those u bolts were original its time for new ones. Remember, any part is only as strong as its weakest link. Its a case of one of those annoying little things that wipes out a budget, but you'll feel way more comfortable putting on new ones.
Daryl

I (along with many others) recommend replacing u-bolts when making a swap. I personally prefer to use the MP pieces because I like the flattened cross-hatched areas at the tops.

Even if they come off easily it is not a good idea to re-use axle u-bolts. They stretch when torqued, and lose strength with each successive re-use.

Mancini Racing has them, I just bought a set. I can get you the part number if you decide to go that route.

-
Back