where to buy valves

-

68 A

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been looking around for valves for my J heads (2.02 and 1.60). I see that mopar performance makes them and i have found them for sale a few places. I bought a cam kit from comp, and it came with 4 groove valve locks, but mopar performance valves are one groove. What other companies make these valves? if i do use mopar performance i can just buy locks with 1 groove?

Thanks

I also need new bolts to attach my oil pump. Any idea on the size or where to get them?

Factory valves are factory, as for the oil pump bolts thay are 3/8 X 1 1/2". Ferrea makes the valves for mopar on there performance line, so I don't know why anyone would buy the aftermarket stuff, but this is just MO.

hi, comp cams, 603-16 locks will fit, single groove, 3/8 stem.
by the way, the ferrea 5000 series valves will flow as good as the mopar valves. both are good quality valves. tested them both.

Ditto on the valve lock part numbers from perfacar. I got the stainless 2.02 Ferrea intakes and 1.60 Ferrea exhausts as a set, new from e-bay for $122. I believe factory exhaust valves are stainless anyway, so if you want to save some money, just buy the intakes.

Dont shoot me but Im using chevy +.100 valves in my heads as my machinist just installs guides for the chevy stem,I can get 2.05/1.60 ferreas all day long for $90.00 of e-bay.

lead69 said:
Dont shoot me but Im using chevy +.100 valves in my heads as my machinist just installs guides for the chevy stem,I can get 2.05/1.60 ferras all day long for $90.00 of e-bay.

Chevy valves! How dare thee!! :axe: LOL!!

i guess i posted a day early. Machine shop that is doing my head work called today and hes already got valves for it. I guess i missed the part of that conversation. Thanks anyways.

So do thier (GM) cam blanks. Very few cams ground for Mopars are NOT ground on 'Chevy" blanks. Terry.

This only works on small blocks as big blocks have there gear on the other end of the cam.

-
Back