Where to find connecting rod bearings

-

Hilderbrand1983

Reaction score
Rebuilding my '67 Dart 270 with a 225cid slant-6 engine. I haven't started to reassemble the engine because I'm too busy cleaning 50+ years' worth of dirt off of everything to make it shiny and new-looking (and, you know, to keep from introducing "old dirt" into the system and prolong the life of the engine, etc. etc.).

I bought some connecting rod bearings from RockAuto - Clevite CB1214P6, which the site claims is a fit for my engine. Problem: It ain't a fit. Those little guys are ~0.7" wide, while the old bearings were ~1" wide. (For good measure, the box is printed with the correct part number, and the bearings are stamped with the correct part number.) All the other connecting rod bearings on RockAuto seem to be about the same size, judging from the pictures.

Does anyone know where I can locate 0.010" undersize connecting rod bearings in the correct width?

You can try Summit Racing I did a quicj search and came up with some choices. I would check them out, and even call their customer service and ask if the ones you pick are 1 inch wide. here is a link, but you can cruise the site yourself also. I did enter in the Make and engine for the search, I dont think entering the year and car worked very well, but if you enter Dodge , inline 6 and 225, into the search pane, you will find parts listings. hope this works, and if not you can try JEGS also.
here is a link to my search at Summit: https://www.summitracing.com/search...4294882391&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

Rebuilding my '67 Dart 270 with a 225cid slant-6 engine. I haven't started to reassemble the engine because I'm too busy cleaning 50+ years' worth of dirt off of everything to make it shiny and new-looking (and, you know, to keep from introducing "old dirt" into the system and prolong the life of the engine, etc. etc.).

I bought some connecting rod bearings from RockAuto - Clevite CB1214P6, which the site claims is a fit for my engine. Problem: It ain't a fit. Those little guys are ~0.7" wide, while the old bearings were ~1" wide. (For good measure, the box is printed with the correct part number, and the bearings are stamped with the correct part number.) All the other connecting rod bearings on RockAuto seem to be about the same size, judging from the pictures.

Does anyone know where I can locate 0.010" undersize connecting rod bearings in the correct width?

67 engine has the forged crank, which takes the CB606 bearing.
The bearings you got were for the cast crank, which did not appear until 1976.
Rock auto catalog is wrong, about the cast crank being in 1967. Tell them that, and see if they will switch them out and eat the shipping, since they are wrong.

67 engine has the forged crank, which takes the CB606 bearing.
The bearings you got were for the cast crank, which did not appear until 1976.
Rock auto catalog is wrong, about the cast crank being in 1967. Tell them that, and see if they will switch them out and eat the shipping, since they are wrong.
Thanks!

lots of errors on their site. They list/show round headlights for my square eyed Mazda truck. and F Ebay, everything "fits" your car, whatever model it is.

like me if you have the crank out and you want to run newer lock up torque converter from later year.
the machine shop i deal with says they machine the end of crank where flex plate goes so it will be bigger like on a 68 and up crank

-
Back