Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
Needed for dual quad. I mocked up 2bl throttle bracket(with bent up clamp) and oem 4bl throttle cable. Its approx 2.5" too long.
Factory 4bl= 19"-2.5" =16.5"
Thanks
Steve

20230329_201803.jpg

I had this issue when I went to a 4-bbl from a 1-bbl on the truck. I needed a cable that was a LOT shorter. I figured out what length I needed, then went to Rock Auto and started punching in various years/model/engine info till I found one that fit. I think I wound up with some kind of Volare cable but it fits and works fine. A bit of busywork to find the right one but it was effective.

The E-body cable has a completely-different arrangement at the firewall. It uses a square plastic snap-in grommet rather than the round metal ferrule. This is true of the later cars as well, such as F, M, R, and J-bodies along with the '71 & newer B-bodies. They all had a square hole in the firewall. I've never tried to reshape that plastic with a dremel or such, but it's pretty durable stuff.

Thanks for info. I'm thinking as long as the length and both ends work I'll cobble the grommet somehow.
Ebay seller got back to me, this one is 22 3/4" so no go
1970-71 E-Body 426 Hemi Throttle Cable 71 B-Body Cuda Challenger Charger GTX 70 | eBay
The E-body cable has a completely-different arrangement at the firewall. It uses a square plastic snap-in grommet rather than the round metal ferrule. This is true of the later cars as well, such as F, M, R, and J-bodies along with the '71 & newer B-bodies. They all had a square hole in the firewall. I've never tried to reshape that plastic with a dremel or such, but it's pretty durable stuff.

Ok, so finally removed my throttle cable...should have done that 1st to get accurate measurements. I am assuming this is 67 sb 4bl meaurents.
See pics for dimensions also.

Overall length 18"
Clevis end to end of metal crimped jacket 7 1/2"
Length of black jacket only 9"
Length from start of jacket to metal flange for firewall 9 1/2"
So overall length needs to be approx 16"
Black jacket length approx 7"
I believe the length from.clevis end to end of metal crimped jacket stays at 7 1/2".
A company replied back to me so I'll see what this is gonna cost lol.

20230419_164112.jpg

20230419_164132.jpg

20230419_164154.jpg

20230419_164259.jpg

20230419_164412.jpg

I might have some for you but I think you a 2 bbl one I have that but I will measure it when I get home

Did you try the 17.5”? I just found out it won’t work for me on my 383 and DP4B. Too short by at least an inch.

Yeah the dimensions on one I got were different in a few places. My bad, I should have measured in beginning.
Theres more to it then just overall length.(that's what she said :lol: )
Did you try the 17.5”? I just found out it won’t work for me on my 383 and DP4B. Too short by at least an inch.

Yeah the dimensions on one I got were different in a few places. My bad, I should have measured in beginning.
Theres more to it then just overall length.(that's what she said :lol: )
News to me too, I figured BB A body would need a special cable but it seems like it’s the same as SB if not a little longer for a taller intake/spacer combo.

I just hate when it cost me my $$$ to learn something. But I sure do learn fast that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back