Where to get window slides???

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
Hope this is the correct forum to post this in.

The drivers side window was terrible hard to roll up on my 68 Cuda FB and I took it apart and found the window slides (the plastic ones in the front track) are completely worn to pieces and binding up. Have looked around and can't seem to find any. Anyone know of a place to buy them? Also need the plastic pin that connects the window to the lift support and can't find it. I figure I can make one from a piece of round Delrin but it'd be easier to just buy the correct piece

Thanks, Tracy

Several links to those forward glass guide kits were posted in a recent thread. Expect to pay 50.oo per door average. Separate pieces of those kits aren't offered today although they were several years ago.
As for that plastic fastener glass to regulator, A piece of 5/16 neoprene fuel hose and 1/4 hex head bolt and nyloc nut. I use stainless hardware here.
Hope this helps.

if you do not get new clips with your slides I think I still have a couple laying around. I'll see if I can find the thread where someone just purchased the slides. LAwrence

Just wanted to thank all you guys again. Got all the new parts today so tomorrow I get to see if I can get this jigsaw puzzle put back together, LOL.

Lawrence, new clips came with the slides so I don't need any but I appreciate the offer.

Hi Fishy,i got a new set of the glass guide kit for my Dart but am lost as to how the plastic clips go in...Any advice.Thank you

Hum... Describing it may be difficult but here goes. The pins pass through holes drilled in the windows. One clip goes on one side and one on the other and they snap together basically sandwiching the slide to the window to hole the slide in place. I found the factory clips (even though they had some wear) snapped together a bunch tighter than the new ones I received. The new clips did not snap together very tight and when you'd try to install the window in the track they kept falling apart. If my description above doesn't make sense I have an extra window in the garage and the slides for the other side (haven't gotten around to doing it yet) that I can assemble and take a picture of. Let me know if you need it

Fishy was going to mention herbs parts thats where i got mine for the dart but pricey! good you found them.

-
Back