Where to put sound deadening in doors

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering when putting dynamat, hushmat, fatmat, peel n seal, or whatever in your doors where do you put it? On the inside surface of the door, like underneath the door panel?
Or do you put it on the inside surface of the outer door skin ?

I've already done my floors and firewall, just need to finsih up with the doors.

Thanks

Doesn't hurt to do the roof, sail panels, inside of door. You can do the part just under the the panel for better quite but doing it that way will prevent you from access to door mechs inside.

I will be doin the peel and stick on the inside of the door skin and maybe make it to hang behind the door panel like the factory weather barrier and not stick it down

It's easy to go overboard here, you only need to cover 30% to get full deadening. Put it on the longest, widest unsupported piece.

You almost have to put it on the inside of the outer door skin. It will interfere with the wind regulator if you put it on the inside of the inner door.

Inside of the door skin, it makes a huge difference in the sound when you close your door and interior noise levels. Except for a little rattle coming from my window regulator, my car sounds new when I shut the doors. Of course thats with new weatherstripping and window channels, etc.

I did both. By the time I got done with the floor boards, roof, sail panels, and inside of the doors, I had a bunch of small scrap pieces that I put on various areas under the door panel.

-
Back