Where's Harold?? Spitfire Headers

-
Nice to see good police work in action...

(officer) "Grove informed your AFFIANT that NOS means Nitrous Oxide Systems."

Yeah that's it... Sheesh.

Nice threat by the way. Classy move!

I like the addition of the cuff's. lol

Yeah and the nos=nitrous oxide systems & the case is counterfeit restoration parts= new old stock... wow 20+yrs investigating auto parts counterfeiting?

It sucks to see reproduction parts dry up but 9yrs of being too lazy to become authorized is ridiculous.

Ohh well, now my original old parts are worth more.:toothy10:

Wow, this thread took a turn. So um, any updates from those waiting to get headers from Harold?

10-30-2008, 03:50 PM

Hi, I paid up front for 2 sets of headers (1 early / 1 late "A" body -July 31, 08) from Harold (Spitfire Headers). Is there anyone local to him?? So far no headers...and no returned calls over the past week or so. Maybe he's just on vacation??? Can anyone help????
Any suggestions????

10-30-2008, 03:50 PM

I had to get the authorities involved. Called the prosecuter and sherriff there in Arkansas. Sent a registered letter to Harold documenting everything. Finally got the headers. No apology.....nothing. I would never deal with him again. Some folks have been happy with him, I am not.
Good luck in your efforts. Just be firm and follow through.

Wow... now I see all this...I've ordered parts for several project cars over the years and car people have always been honest with me and I got my parts- new or used , from businesses or from individuals. You have the contact info for the sherrif or DA or whoever I'll need to contact to resolve this peacefully? If I ran my business like that I'd be ran out of town....Thanks for any help.

I wish Harold at Spitfire,s could see this and take it seriously!I guess he,s back to his old ways.If I would have had issues,I would,ve contacted the authorities immeadiately!

Hopefully wedgie can help me "off list". I gotta put some pressure on Harold at this point. I'm really pissed off.

I would recomend NO ONE buy anything from this guy. If ANYONE call Harold and he actually talks to you. PLEASE tell him Mike A in NJ still needs his headers or refund. Where are they?????? let me know what he tells you.

I am calling the DA and the sherrif's office tomorrow (monday) and see if they will help. There really needs to be a "sticky" note posted where anyone looking into exaust will see it first and not fall victem to this con man. I can just see that once I call, he'll stall until he is about to get hauled off to jail, then bend over backwards to "make it right". If he'd have been honest and told me he had to make them I would'nt be quite so concerned, he outright lied and told me they were "boxed up and ready to go", then he calls back and tried to get me to post for him here to get others ripped off....at a discount of course.....and lied again telling me they were shipped and would be dropped off tuesday..two weeks ago...this clown needs to be tarred and feathered and thrown into a river!

I hate to be the devil's advocate here, but consider the fact that everything I've heard indicates that this is just one guy making these headers at home as a sideline. I couldn't agree more that a year is waaaaaaayyyy too long to wait for something that you've pre-paid for, but remember that life sometimes has a way of getting in between us and our interests. Remember when people were hollering about how long Galen Govier was taking to respond to their requests and it turned out that the guys wife had cancer and eventually died, and he had to take care of her. I know that if my wife was dying I wouldnt give two ***** about my business or anything else for that matter. Not saying that this is what is going on with Harold, but trying to make a point that no one really knows what the deal is here.
Now, after almost a year, he has certainly got the benefit of the doubt along with your money. He needs to settle up any outstanding purchases and then not sell anything else unless they are already made, boxed up, and ready to ship. Putting the cart before the horse like that is almost always a recipe for disaster.
That being said, is there anyone else who could take up the task of making early-A headers? I wonder does Harold have a patent or copyright on his design? Having helped out with a couple of custom header builds, I know its not easy but it CAN be done in a reasonable amount of time, and once the first set is out of the way and there is a working pattern, it should be much easier....
just my $.02
-Tim

That being said, is there anyone else who could take up the task of making early-A headers? I wonder does Harold have a patent or copyright on his design?

laysons were selling copies of them for a while. they were up near $500 i think..

I hate to be the devil's advocate here, but consider the fact that everything I've heard indicates that this is just one guy making these headers at home as a sideline. I couldn't agree more that a year is waaaaaaayyyy too long to wait for something that you've pre-paid for, but remember that life sometimes has a way of getting in between us and our interests. Remember when people were hollering about how long Galen Govier was taking to respond to their requests and it turned out that the guys wife had cancer and eventually died, and he had to take care of her. I know that if my wife was dying I wouldnt give two ***** about my business or anything else for that matter. Not saying that this is what is going on with Harold, but trying to make a point that no one really knows what the deal is here.
Now, after almost a year, he has certainly got the benefit of the doubt along with your money. He needs to settle up any outstanding purchases and then not sell anything else unless they are already made, boxed up, and ready to ship. Putting the cart before the horse like that is almost always a recipe for disaster.
That being said, is there anyone else who could take up the task of making early-A headers? I wonder does Harold have a patent or copyright on his design? Having helped out with a couple of custom header builds, I know its not easy but it CAN be done in a reasonable amount of time, and once the first set is out of the way and there is a working pattern, it should be much easier....
just my $.02
-Tim

I would agree with you but this is not Harold's "first rodeo" doing this, he has had the exact problems over and over for quite a few years. I very surprised with his case history anyone would send him cash first.

Oh and is Rick the fat old turd in hat? If so he looks like the only fight he would win is getting to the bottom of a bucket of some greasy chicken:hello2:

I just talked to Harold!Amazing how quick he returned my call(maybe one last guy to ripoff)I told him I,m not happy with him useing me as an advertising tool.Also that he,d better ship out headers owed to people that have pre-paid.Told him they would be contacting the authoritys.Said he,s gonna then he,s done!No more Spitfire headers!It,s to bad the guy isn,t very bussiness oriented cause he could sell alot.I hope I,ve done my part to get the headers owed!I thought he had pulled up his socks this time,my bad.

Just talked to Harold. Actually, again...really nice on the phone. He realizes he's in a bind and behind. He said to give him a week. Then, no more orders for now. He said his mainstay is truck headers, he can knock them out in a less than 1 hr., compared to 4+ for the spitfires.

I told him I'll be patient another week...we'll see what happens.

I hate to hear he is going to stop making them. I ordered a set about 2 months ago and had them on my steps 6 days later. I decided to hold off, so I sold them on E-bay to buy more parts. I wish I would have kept them now.:angry7:

I did get a call this morning after threatening to call the DA in his county ( I pulled up the info-It's in sebastion county). He promised (again) that they would be shipped. He really sidestepped when I mentioned that he had told me that before (and that they had been shipped already). We'll see what happens....I'll keep posting updates

Just wonder if they have started to ship or not yet. If this is the end of the line I am considering calling and trying to get on the list, but only as a COD. I am only afraid of him not making them as nice as the ones in the past, because of all the pressure.

Update: here we are on 10-23. No headers, no call backs....he won't answer his phone. Last voice contact was 9-28 - promising me them in a week.

Anyone close to him????? I'm call again now. My guess? he won't anwer, I'll leave a message....he won't call back.

I bought a set of headers from Harold in June of this year, paid via COD. He promised me the headers and the collector rings. Well, I got the headers, but no collector rings. I called him, he said they'd go out the next day. Weeks go by, I call, some lame a$$ed excuse, promises them going out next day...same things just keeps going on and on, now it's 4-1/2 months later, and he won't return my calls, I have been very patient with him, never angry, he just keeps sh_ting on me,

My take, he makes nice headers, but he's a scheister, don't trust him as far as I could throw him, and NEVER, but NEVER pay him up front.

One step shy of a thief

FF

Do you realize that this thread is FIVE and HALF years old ??

-
Back