Where's the best place to get interior parts for a 65 4dr?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
Besides Legendary Auto Interiors is there even anywhere else to get interior trim parts for my 65 Valiant 200 4DR? I can get carpet many places I see. What I need is the package tray tan without speaker holes, trunk divider panel, and trunk mat. I see some on EBAY from Collectors Auto or something like that which seems a good price until you see the shipping. $50 for the trunk divider shipping, $50 for the package tray, and $33 for the trunk mat. That's just shipping. Altogether it would be $220 if they won't combine shipping. Maybe the shipping is accurate but I've shipped a lot of things packaged carefully that size that never cost $50. Of course they all say 2dr, but I think it's the same for 4 dr according to the parts manual as long as its not convertible. Legendary doesnt even show the trunk mat. Just looking to see if theres any other options?

I have the same issue with my 65 Dart. The package tray came apart in my hands when I removed it (too much sun for the paper-board). If you talk Legendary et al, that is big $$$. I think I can fab something better than the factory did and I sure won't pay big bucks for more cardboard. I'm not excited about getting factory looking trunk mat. According to old assembly guys, the factory just threw in whatever rubber sheet they had lying around at the time the car came down the line. I would expect that 2 & 4 dr are the same. The rear seats did vary, but probably not what was behind the seat.

I don't have the tools or the know how to fabricate even the cardboard pieces. And I know from experience the interior trim shops around think because it's old and has to be made it's got to be outrageous in price most of the time even more than ordering it pre-made. I just want everything put back the way it should be. It wasn't so bad for my 73 Charger because it was just a few minutes to Year One to get it but because it's a 65 A-body and a 4 DR it's not that collectible so Year One doesn't even offer it. It's kinda crazy too because most of the Valiants I've seen for sale are all 4 doors. I know a lot of them must have been around back in 65.

Just a thought, try Dante's. Mine isn't a 4 door but they helped with my barracuda parts and prices were better than some other places.

I bought my trunk mat for $40 with free shipping. It was slightly thinner than the original but the pattern & fit were a direct duplicate. See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-63-64...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53ecf3ca26&vxp=mtr

I went to an upholstery shop and bought a light tan 1/8 thk upholstery cardboard ($35) about 4 ft x 6 ft. Using the original package tray I traced the package shelf out on it & cut it out using metal cutting shears. Then I painted it using a spray paint that was a medium tan poly chrysler code VAB2T6 or Ditzler code 22296 mixed with a gloss cutting compound. That same spray also spruced up the kick panels. If you don't have spray equipment a paint supplier can mix it & put it in a spray can for you. Without the gloss cutting compound that same mix will handle your steering column & upper door panel near the window. The above color was in a 65 Dart 4 dr shop manual but it might match your 65 Valiant....see a Valiant shop manual in group 23 to confirm that.
The balance of the cardboard will handle your needs behind the back seat.

-
Back