Where's this bracket go?

-

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I think this came off my swinger during disassembly but have no recollection of where it goes. I think I have seen something like this on the steering column brace. Anyone know?

20190410_201643.jpg

I've been messing with Swingers for many years. But I can't say I've ever seen this on one.

Window hardware? The finish on it reminds me of door or side glass stuff. I'm guessing.

Hey you might be right. I will look around on the door. It does look like some hardware used on the door. Pretty sure this came off the car, it was in the bag with other hardware removed.

That bracket looks much bigger than it really is . That is a small Phillips screw isn't it? Put a ruler next to it. What was in the bag with it should be the clue.

73Hcode nailed it. It goes on the door to support the rod for the inside door handle linkage. You can see the screw and tab from the bracket in the middle of this pic.
Now I have another problem. The one on the other side it missing so I need to search for it. Strange that I found this one in a bag of hardware that had nothing to do with the door. It had seat belt bolts and other misc crap in it.

20190412_131717.jpg

Its a 73. Everything on the doors changed in 73. Some stuff changed again in 74.

I am missing some of the linkage in the door to unlock and release the door. Does anyone know where I could buy all the linkage for a passenger door on a 1974 Dodge Dart? All I have is an exterior door handle, interior door handle, rod from the interior handle to the latch release and exterior door release rod. I believe all I’m missing is the lock rod linkage

-
Back