Which Cam Has Most P/V Clearance of These Two

-

1stBxMopar

Reaction score
Anybody want to say before I install and check which one of these two cams will have the most or the least piston to valve clearance.........

440+.040
Ross pistons #99782 14cc Domes
"0" Deck at TDC

1ST. CAM-
Comp Cams- Part #23-630-5 Solid Flat Tappet (Grind #CRB3 324A-8)
Lift-.650 in - .650 ex.

Advertised Duration- 324 in.- 324 ex.
Duration @.050- 290 in. - 290 ex.

Lobe Separation 108

Intake Centerline Installed 4* adv. @104

2ND CAM-
Lunati- Part #53712LUN Solid Roller (Grind #RRG-312-320)
Lift-.690 in. - .690 ex.

Advertised Duration- .312 in.- .320 ex.
Duration @.050-.276 in. - .284 ex.

Lobe Separation 106

Intake Centeline Installed 4* adv. @102

Anybody want to say which they think will be the tightest piston to valve????????? :-k

#2 what?

Less clearance or More clearance??????????????????

More lift.....less clearance. Lot's of other variables to consider before the clearance is a safe amount.

More lift.....less clearance. Lot's of other variables to consider before the clearance is a safe amount.

Not asking which will work in a specific application just which would be considered bigger (tighter) at TDC and which would be considered smaller (more clearance) at TDC.................

1st. cam smaller, more clearance!
2nd. cam larger, less clearance!

it is not the max lift that cause valve to piston clearance...went the valve is at max lift the piston is way down in the bore...

valve to piston clearance comes into play during the overlap period of the camshaft...exhaust valve closing intake valve is starting to open...piston is hanging around TDC...

duration and rate of lift per degree plus whether a cam is advanced or retard all play a bigger part in Valve to piston clearance then max lift..

it is not the max lift that cause valve to piston clearance...went the valve is at max lift the piston is way down in the bore...

valve to piston clearance comes into play during the overlap period of the camshaft...exhaust valve closing intake valve is starting to open...piston is hanging around TDC...

duration and rate of lift per degree plus whether a cam is advanced or retard all play a bigger part in Valve to piston clearance then max lift..
I AGREE 1000 PERCENT

I'm going to install each one and map per degree 15* before TDC and 15* after TDC -(Int. and Ex.)
Question is which do you think is bigger (tighter) and which do you think is smaller (more clearance) ????????????????

Well Said X2

I'm going to guess #1....just because no one else did :D....and it might have less PV clearance due to the longer duration....just eyeballing it, no numbers to support my guess. Carry on :coffee2:

-
Back