Which carpet?

-

Kenflo

Reaction score
I need new carpet for my 73 Scamp. Where is the best place to get it, and is it a fairly easy install? I am also going to need the under carpet stuff too. Could you use just any kind of sound deadening material? Like the stuff they use for car stereos?

I would say all the carpets now come with the jute padding on the underside, mainly in the front section for the noise and heat. I have installed many and they really are quite easy. They have a new stlye of carpet out now called MASS backed. It is about another $30 to 50 bucks and has a very heavy layer of rubber on the bottom as well as the jute padding. They say it is also for reducing the sound. I tried it ONCE and will never get it again. It was very hard to install, even after leaving it in the sun for a couple hours to heat up the rubber, it just didn't mould very well.
The carpet will come with the hole for the headlight high beam and heal pads so the front will be easy to position.
Just remember not to cut anything off the sides untill your happy with the fitment.
AL

I agree with PastorTom. ACC carpet set went in real easy. My son and I did it in an afternoon.

Another vote here for StockInteriors.com. Nice quality, GREAT price, fairly easy installation, fast shipping (got mine in 3 days), wonderful customer service and free samples to check out in advance of your order. I went with them mainly because the fastback portion was included in their set and cost extra from everyone else.

Wow! Checked out ACC and they were $240, compare that to stock interiors.com which is $125 pretty much half the price for what seems to be the same product. I think I will buy from stockinteriors

-
Back