Which Dodge gone?

-

mrbill00

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Four months after exiting a U.S.-funded bankruptcy reorganization, Chrysler Group is about to unveil a product roadmap that relies heavily on vehicles from Italian partner Fiat (FIATY) while abandoning many of the U.S. carmaker's own models.

The plan, due to be unveiled Nov. 4, involves the reintroduction of Fiat's premium, sporty Alfa Romeo brand to the U.S. starting in 2012, The Wall Street Journal reported this afternoon.

Chrysler also will introduce the 500, Fiat's tiny car that is popular in Europe, to Americans. It won't, however, attach the Fiat name to it.

Chrysler meantime is preparing to phase out many of its current models, particularly [SIZE="3[B]"]Dodge cars[/B][/SIZE], the Journal said.

Fiat and Chrysler are working to create several new vehicles with Fiat technology for the U.S. market, including a midsize Chrysler-brand sedan to be released in 2012.
The sweeping changes, due to play out over the next two to three years, represent a big gamble for Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne, who has staked his reputation on the turnaround.

Marchionne, who successfully revamped Fiat, appears to be creating a vehicle lineup that stays true to Chrysler's blue-collar muscle-car and pickup roots while adding European-style vehicles to attract a new, more white-collar customer.

If I were to guess... I would say the Charger will be a thing of the past... again.. I also feel that the Challenger is going to be a collectors item... again....and I dont forsee a Alfa Romeo Hemi car. Almost makes me ashamed to be associated with a Dodge dealer right now. Then again... at least I am working.

-RPM

If the union folks own 60%, would they not have a say so?

Here's a plan:

http://autos.aol.com/article/chrysler-fiat-plans?icid=main|main|dl4|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fautos.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fchrysler-fiat-plans

Sorry, you will have to copy andf paste the address

If I were to guess... I would say the Charger will be a thing of the past... again.. I also feel that the Challenger is going to be a collectors item... again....and I dont forsee a Alfa Romeo Hemi car. Almost makes me ashamed to be associated with a Dodge dealer right now. Then again... at least I am working.

-RPM

If the article is to believed, clearly that isn't true. Just read the last part with the bold words.

From what I have read on the subject today... it seems that the Charger and the Challenger will be the ONLY cars that will survive the cut for "the new Dodge"!

"appears to be creating a vehicle lineup that stays true to Chrysler's blue-collar muscle-car and pickup roots while adding European-style vehicles to attract a new, more white-collar customer."

This says nothing about Charger or Challenger. What this says is that there still will be performance... just Fiat or Alfa styling involved. the key word there is "Creating" . Everything you read about it is politcal heresay right now anyways. Getting the inside scoop from Chrysler since working for them is more like "nearsay" .....nothing is for certain. I personally hope they keep the Challenger and Charger alive. The question remains though.... how long can you keep the Challenger body styling and still make it look retro ?? Ask the blue oval boys..... Moostang is going through changes and soon the Vintage "look" will have to go away as well.

It will be interesting seeing what pans out of all this.

-RPM

I think the Charger will stay at least for law enforcement. The Ford Crown Vic is going away in 2011. Leaving only the Charger as a fleet vehicle.

-
Back