• keep the 72 door

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • put the 74 door

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Ok since i am in a posting mood i have a question. I have a 74 parts car for my 72. I am thinking of putting the doors from the 74 on the 72 and get rid of the wing window. take a look at the pics and let me know which you folks like better. I will try to put a poll on here and see how it goes. I know most of you will say "its my car and do what you want", and in the end i will do that. (sorry dont wanna sound like a smarta$$) But I would like to know what most of you would do.

OK I cant figure out the poll so I will learn and try to add later. thanks for looking anyway.

72door.jpg

74door-a.jpg

this is such a small change it is really hard to notice. i could go either way on this. if you are trying to keep the antiquity of the model year leave the vents in. if you are going for a cleaned up look, then you can take them out. on a personal note i like the wings. i like the added air they give when you don't really need the windows down. just kind cool i guess??? your call here

i would leave the vents in, nothing like bein able to crack the wing open to let a little fresh air in without having to get the noise of actually rolling the window down.

but it is really a "to each his own" type thing, what look do YOU like better? go with that.

Keep the vent window. As everyone says, they make sense from a functional standpoint.

Keep it, and enjoy the 72 way of styling.
Wings are cool.:thumbrig:

Don't make me come over there.:boxing: ha ha Just joking.:toothy7:

just me memike:wave:

Another vote for the vent window. they look great and make a lot of sense. I wish I knew why ford stopped putting them, and the headlight dimmer switch on the floor, on the pickups. Two big mistakes in my opinion!

Back when I had my original '69 340 Swinger, I would only drive it with all the windows down or all up. Thought it looked so much cleaner with all the windows down rather than with the rear windows up. The thing that was always so neat about the vent wings was you could adjust them so your hair didn't blow and get all messed up. Hey, it was important for the driver to look cool too! Keep the wings.
My new '69 Dart will have vent wings when finished for the very same reason even though there isn't as much hair to blow and get messed up now.

I love vent windows! I vote to keep them in.
I also own a 90 Dodge truck, and I'm so glad it still has vent windows, while Ford and GM had already done away with them by 1990.

Kep em in my opinion!

George

ill go aginst everyone else i like the look of the non vent window door. I like it when you can roll the front window and the rear window all the way down and not have any glass there all the way down. Thats just my opinion though do whatever you like good Luck Justin

Thanks guys. I also like the look and function of the wing. I was throwing the ideal around to give it that "clean" look but naaaaaaa. the wings will stay if you wanna know. Later.

I like the vents, and think that you should keep them.
but it's wierd that your 74 doesn't have vents. My 74 valiant has vents. but that may be because she's a 4-door.

I like the no vent look myself. The only thing Im wondering about is the interior parts, will the panels and top of the door still match up with the rest of the interior?

well 360. im not sure. when i checked them out i did not have the panels on. but i do know that the panels will not fit the other door. Handle in different places. I will try to get a look and see the diff. with the rear panel from the 74 doors.

-
Back