Which driveshaft loop?

-
Depends on whether you want to drill holes in the floor, you will with the Lakewood. Also can't use a biscuit mount crossmember with the Mancini.

Im more curious if one will do a better job of keeping the driveshaft contained in the event of failure.
The Lakewood style is already installed bit if the Mancini is better...i will swap for it.

Also can't use a biscuit mount crossmember with the Mancini.

Sure you can. I have one in my 68.

As for strength, the Lakewood mount appears plenty strong but I'd think the Mancini mount would stay intact better since your bolting it to the heavy gauge crossmember vs. the thin gauge steel of the floor pan

Im more curious if one will do a better job of keeping the driveshaft contained in the event of failure.
The Lakewood style is already installed bit if the Mancini is better...i will swap for it.

So you know the DS loop is a part so when you break the joint at the line they can push the car off the track without needing a jack..

Neither are meant to prevent a failure at speed from getting ugly.

I have the U.S. car tool one, which is what the Mancini one is, and love it, no drilling holes in crossmember. I actully put mine in a press and oblonged the ring a little for more travel, worked awesome!

Since you have both already throw them on a scale and see which one is lighter.
That may be your only advantage to running one over the other.

Since you have both already throw them on a scale and see which one is lighter.
That may be your only advantage to running one over the other.

I wouldn`t go to the trouble of changing either one out! have you ever needed one? there is going to be a lot of problems surface if you ever loose a joint under full power. I lost one a t 128 mph one time, tore the back of the trans off-shaft came out in short pieces after beating hell out of everything under the car, finally cut the right rear 16x32 slick. w/ 7 lbs of air in the other slick, and 48 in the fronts, you can imagine what kind of ride it was. didn't roll it tho! :coffee2:

Here is the Lakewood style installed in my cuda. I shortened the bottom loop a couple of inches. I used the seat track studs for the outboard bolts, and just drilled extra holes for the inboard bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_2089.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 191
The angle of the picture is somewhat deceiving. It is within spec.

Understand. Really meant for the OP to check what is installed. Also the Mancini has multiple bolt holes for 727/904 tail shaft length.

I have my exhaust X pipe right at that 4-6" point and its tucked up that tight that the shaft weight just misses the X pipe by about 1/8", then you have the two pipes heading back either side of the tail shaft, in order for me to remove the tailshaft I have to pull it rearwards near on 2' before it clears anything, not sure how the hell I could get a loop in there but, cant see why I would need one either due to the pipes?

-
Back