Which Edelbrock heads?

-

jglover_81

Reaction score
I have a side job that's about to wrap up and go into my "hotrod fund" . Looking for a set of aluminum heads for my Scamp. I have been looking at Edelbrocks and can't seem to make up my mind between the performer or the Victor. For the most part my car is a street car, but I do like to take it to the track every chance I get. The car has a 440 and with either of these I should have 10.2:1 to 10.5:1 compression. I want the best bang for my buck and can't seem to make up my mind. Any help/advise would be appreciated! Thanks

The cam is a lunati voodoo .513/.533. Horsepower goal is like most of us, as much as I can get lol

I would run the rpm, the new trick flow, ez, or the stealths.
if you wanyed sometime to grow into and headers were not a big deal get a set of sr heads with standard port window.

Is hood clearance a consideration?

The Trick Flow heads are your best bet. They cost only a bit more than the Edelbrock heads but they are already ported. You don't want the Victor heads, they are not a simple bolt on type of head. The Trick Flow heads are close to a bolt on, you'll just need some longer head bolts, different rocker shaft studs and some longer pushrods.

Im 100% here with Andy, the TF heads are the SHEEEET! They are super nice right out of the box and light years ahead of the crap Edelbrock has been putting out these days.

Here is a side by side of the RPM and the TF heads intake port openings. You can see the core shift in the RPM head from their CNC gasket match. Hits on 1 side and not the other. Total BS and takes a lot of work to fix it. Plus their VJ is not nearly as good as the TF, nor are the valves, springs, seal ect. Initial cost of the TF is a little more, but after you Fix all the issues with the RPM, the RPM's cost a Bunch more.

Attachments

• BBM RPM intake CS.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 379
  • TF Intake port.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 355
Hood clearance isn't an issue. I know the Victor heads would require offset rockers I'm assuming due to the larger intake valves. I forgot trick flow released a new set of heads. I'll go take a look at those too!

cant wait to see the first set on a stroked street motor, to see there hp potential

Those Stg 6 heads need a metric shedload of work. Not a good idea. S/F....Ken M

-
Back