Votes: 54 18.4%
  • Viper 8.2L V10

Votes: 77 26.2%
  • Old School 440

Votes: 163 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I voted 440 but I don't get the whole rusty piece of **** look.

Ya, I don`t get the 20`s, rust and modern engine combo either but if I was going to do it- V10. Sure it`s been done in e-bodies and such but the new Hemi has been overdone in just about everything.

well my 06 ram with 5.9 cummins in it weighed in at 9000 pounds and it would get near 23 mpg on the highway driving 65 mph. this truck was four wheel drive. now with your truck two wheel drive you can tune it get even better fuel milage all kinds of horse power and torque. now it is not as much of a wow to have a diesel in a truck but when you line it up on the street and your truck kicks a lot of but

cool truck this one was at GNRS this year

Attachments

• IMG_2139.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 305
  • image-1664615881.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 310
  • image-332805625.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 308
Here's a few pics of engines....all taken at work.
All those engines make over 2,000 hp at high idle.
The grey twin turbo V12 engine weighs 30,000 kgs....and runs on Natural Gas.....it has spark plugs.

Attachments

• IMGP5458.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 300
  • IMGP5461.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 307
  • IMGP5183.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 279
  • IMGP6959.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 281
  • IMGP6971.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMGP0305_resize.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 311
  • IMGP0338_resize.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 297
I'm not here to dump on your thread I just don't get the "slammed" look, I'm on the other side of the fence.When I look at that truck all I can see is dana 60 front 70 rear and a set of 35's(at least).So each to their own.Now with that said if you get the whole truck I'd go new hemi.OBD II and parts,but as long as there's Mopar power under the hood it's gotta be cool!

Wait...is it a 4x4?

Here's a few pics of engines....all taken at work.
All those engines make over 2,000 hp at high idle.
The grey twin turbo V12 engine weighs 30,000 kgs....and runs on Natural Gas.....it has spark plugs.

Not sure, but I don't think those will fit without some major modifications......

There is a guy on here with a 2x4 intake for a Poly 318 for sale... Now there is an idea...

Got a few more donks........all are Mopar donks, except for one.

Attachments

• IMGP4983.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 278
  • IMGP5001.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 303
  • IMGP0559.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 294
  • IMGP4179_resize.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 289
  • IMGP4181_resize.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 293
  • IMGP4183_resize.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IMGP7358.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 288
  • IMGP7359.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMGP7427.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 291
  • IMGP0374.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 271
Ok now. Get a temperature gauge, connect it to each engine in question, warm them up. The engine that moves the needle on the gauge the least is the coolest....

I like the thought of a new HEMI engine in an old Mopar, but unless its all hopped up, it is too quiet and smooth to be the coolest. Nothing like an old school engine (big or small block) IMHO....the look, the sound, the smells.......Of course you get more HP out of a stock new Hemi than a stock old school engine. So I guess it depends on what ya want.

At some point I know I want to pump up the power in my 72 Barracuda , currently running a 318......I can spend $7k on a 408 with 450 HP or about the same or more for a new HEMI....The HEMI would run smoother and be more "predictable" I guess....but the 408 keeps popping into my head....LOL

i like the thought of a new HEMI engine in an old Mopper, but unless its all hopped up, it is too quiet and smooth to be the coolest. Nothing like an old school engine (big or small block) IMHO....the look, the sound, the smells.......Of course you get more HP out of a stock new Hemi than a stock old school engine. So I guess it depends on what ya want. At some point I know I want to pump up the power in my 72 Barracuda , currently running a 318......I can spend $7k on a 408 with 450 HP or about the same or more for a new HEMI....The HEMI would run smoother and be more "predictable" I guess....but the 408 keeps popping into my head....LOL
lol there's a girl in town here with a furious fishing challenger that has headers and flowmaster exhaust with no cats that says your wrong about the hemi being quiet lol that's her only mods and she did the work herself! :O 8) and yes, she's pretty good looking for 45yo lol I'll get a video the next time I see her

Well, I have heard stock Hemi with headers and pipes (and cats) and they are just (sorta) loud.....still too smooth. If you take off the cats and such, you get into the "souped up" realm......I assumed we were talking stock, and that's why I said "unless it is all hopped up".

It isn't just about being "loud" to me.....sort of like a single pin crank motorcycle versus dual pin......single has that "potatah potatah potath" idle sound that is just awesome. I had one, loved it. Now have a dual pin bike. Sounds cool in its own way and is a little loud, but I still prefer the single pin, an older, less efficient design in my particular bike. My dual pin makes way more power, but I miss the idle of the single pin sometimes.

To each their own. :)

I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to put a modern hemi in my ride is it fell into my lap. I just feel like the old school engines are "cooler".

cant go wrong with any of them but the 440 would be easier to swap, but if u really want to stand out a nice greassy cummings diessel with a rusty turbo attached to it would make it a real sick mfr

Well, I have heard stock Hemi with headers and pipes (and cats) and they are just (sorta) loud.....still too smooth. If you take off the cats and such, you get into the "souped up" realm......I assumed we were talking stock, and that's why I said "unless it is all hopped up".

It isn't just about being "loud" to me.....sort of like a single pin crank motorcycle versus dual pin......single has that "potatah potatah potath" idle sound that is just awesome. I had one, loved it. Now have a dual pin bike. Sounds cool in its own way and is a little loud, but I still prefer the single pin, an older, less efficient design in my particular bike. My dual pin makes way more power, but I miss the idle of the single pin sometimes.

To each their own. :)

I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to put a modern hemi in my ride is it fell into my lap. I just feel like the old school engines are "cooler".

I have a 5.7 Hemi in my Dart with SRT8 manifolds, 2 1/2" exhaust, Hushpower Mufflers, and no cats, and it sounds awesome...

who said too heavy? I know a guy running 13s in that truck at the local track with a 360. He Drives it to work. Rock on David. 440 for sure.

I have been loking at a cummins six cyl conversion in a dodge pickup but I need to know what the engine trans. combinations weighs with all accesories. any body know this? I will be putting it in a half ton with a straight axle.

Wel , I am building my Daughter a '65 Barracuda and struggeling with the "WOW" factor you get when you lift the Hood or the "WOW" factor of Driveability,MPG and power. Reading Your Thread has solved that for me ! It is Threads like Tincup has started here that answers alot of questions. HEMI , OBD II , and drive the wheels off it ! GOOD LUCK ! Tim (Dad)

-
Back