Which Flowmaster

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
I want to install a flowmaster in the future in my 68 barracuda. Which one will be best, I dont want something that will rattle my neighbors windows or get me pulled over. I just want it to be kinda noisy and sound good.:snakeman:

Thanks guys
Evan

I want to install a flowmaster in the future in my 68 barracuda. Which one will be best, I dont want something that will rattle my neighbors windows or get me pulled over. I just want it to be kinda noisy and sound good.:snakeman:

Thanks guys
Evan

Then you would need to get the Dyna Max Super Turbos...:-D

I'm a little bias.

Tony

I agree, Flowmasters are a little loud, especially the Flowmaster 40 series. Loud is fun, but when your on those long drives with the family, it gets old real quick. I've been researching a little myself lately because I'm putting on a new exhaust. I think I'm going with Tony's recommendation.

i agree....

Abody Joe warned me and I did not listen...ha, ha, I had no choice actually because I already bought them and mocked them up before posting.

I am running turn downs before the rear axle and Joe said the drone was gonna kill me and boy he was not kidding.

i still like their sound, just not at idle.

I've had the same set of Super Turbos for several years behind a set of Hooker Super Comps. I had tail pipes out the back, and then turndowns in front of the rear end. In either configuration they have a nice mellow tone but still a good sound under hard acceleration. There was even a period that I didn't have a carpet inside, and they were still quite bearable.

I just had Cherry Bomb Turbo mufflers installed in my mild 440 Fury and I think they sound pretty sweet. Very mellow until you put your foot into it. They are inexpensive too. Here is a video. If you go to 3:40 in the video you can hear the exhaust.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7qtqNRIfSE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Video[/ame]

Here is a video of my dart with 40 series flowmasters before installing the 4-link and dumping the exhaust before the axle. It is just a fairly mild 318.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/29209642@N00/3786346360/"]103_0597 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2624/3786346360_ce535962d8_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@3786346360@@AMEPARAM@@ce535962d8[/ame]

cudaspaz do you have an x-pipe or crossover installed?

I had a big block 4x4 with 3 in diameter pipes and 1 chamber (ya I know what was I thinking) FMers and man it was obnoxiousness got pulled over all the time lol. Ended up putting a crossover after the headers it still was loud and tinny.

On the Vette I have 2 1/2 pipe x-pipe and 3 chambers and its not bad no drone.

The biggest problem with flowmasters(or crapmasters)as they're called by some is they sound the same on everything...Magnaflows are a nice sounding muffler or dynomax ultraflos..

the good flowmaster is the one still in its box on a shelf at your suplier.
the second best flowmaster is the one on someone elses car in another country.

-
Back