Which front sway bar for '67 Barracuda

-

cudajim

cudajim
Reaction score
I need to know what sway bar to use for my 67 ragtop Barracuda with a stock 273 and stock K-member. I am running with a 73 disc brake setup so the factory bar will not work due to interference with the front mounted brake calipers. Any ideas as to what bar to buy? I really don't want to change the K-member.

Thats the way mine are on my 67 conv Cuda...works fine! By the way, I use a 1 1/8" sway bar in the front (got it from Adam...Thanks..) works great!!!

after you swap them to the rear, order the hellwig 5906 front bar from summit. i just did a whole install with a write up on here and for hellwig. they work GREAT. look in the suspension forum for my thread.

I talked this morning to Dick at Firmfeel. He claims they have a bar that will fit the front even with the calipers up front, so I ordered it. I will let you all know how well it works out in a week or so when I get it.

I just bought a sway bar from Just Suspensions. Cost $99.00 PLUS $30.00 to ship it. The price seemed good. Everything else was more expensive. It looks just fine. I will be installing it this weekend weather permitting.
Steve

Yep, I called Just Suspensions and they told me the one they had would not work if the calipers were aimed toward the front.

The calipers will need switched when the spindles are switched , to keep the bleeder on the top and you will have fluid line issues to massage away.
On a more positive note, you're still better with the out around sway bar. Someday you may want to change the K-frame and thread a steering rack through it. This sway bar stays. :)

I ordered the front bar from firmfeel and installed it the next day. Everything fit very nicely without having to swap my spindles and other stuff to the rear. The hardest part of the whole installation was trying to get my leaky floor jack to work!

The bar was not cheap but it sure looks good and has built in grease fittings where it attaches to the Kframe. It fit very well!

I ordered the front bar from firmfeel and installed it the next day. Everything fit very nicely without having to swap my spindles and other stuff to the rear. The hardest part of the whole installation was trying to get my leaky floor jack to work!

The bar was not cheap but it sure looks good and has built in grease fittings where it attaches to the Kframe. It fit very well!

Did the sway bar from firm feel fit the factory holes in the k-frame ?

they fit into the 2 front holes in the k fram efor the original brackets and then you just drill a 3rd 3/8" hole for the bracket.

Exactly correct. I had to enlarge the 2 holes per mount and drill one extra hole. Everything lined up and installed exactly as you would expect. I figure if you can't drill a hole or two you probably should not be working on cars!

-
Back