Which Fuel pump???

-

brewil

Reaction score
Looking for a fuel pump for a street driving 410 stroker.
I have no idea which fuel pressure or gph free flow rate I need to choose.
Any help would be awesomely appreciated.

and happy new year everyone

Looking for a fuel pump for a street driving 410 stroker.
I have no idea which fuel pressure or gph free flow rate I need to choose.
Any help would be awesomely appreciated.

and happy new year everyone

I run the Carter on my 410 and it works really well. I also posted some links where to find it for pretty cheap! 172GPH no regulator required runs 6-7.5 PSI if I remember correctly.

Here is a link::::::::

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=84024

Is that running too much for a street daily driver? I'm not sure what the gph actually means-does it actually run that consistently (lots of filling up and $$$)?

Thanks for the link by the way!

Is that running too much for a street daily driver? I'm not sure what the gph actually means-does it actually run that consistently (lots of filling up and $$$)?

Thanks for the link by the way!

Well the motor likes fuel I can tell you that. Just messing around with mine for about 2 hours on the street sucked 10 gallons!! That is not getting on it all the time with a 4spd..... The motor will only use what it needs, the pump has nothing to do with how much fuel it will burn. The GPH means that it CAN pump a maximum of 172 Gallons per hour, which is more than enough to feed the 410 Stroker Motor. Yes it is consistent no worries there!

I wanted to make sure I could spray JUICE "NITROUS" to the motor using the same fuel pump if I ever wanted to is all.

Cool Mad Dart-Thanks a lot for the info-makes it a lot easier for me to understand. I was looking at the Carter 120 and probably a quick fuel 750 elc choke pump. Didn't want to go with petrol but may need to now.

I run a Holley Blue pump.Has to be run with a regulator. It is noisey! I always have good luck with them and they sell rebuild kits. I like electric fuel pumps

Went mech too for the 416 not that you need polished but I went this route.

I think this is enough for a street car you can feed her with an electric unit a the tank to push too if you want.

I have all 3/8" lines as well from tank to the 800 AVS
Price is not to bad, i seen some over $440 for race pumps, then you need to regualte it etc.

So far no issues for me.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-12-360-11/

Summit Racing Part Number HLY-12-360-11

Free Flow Rate 110 gph
Maximum Pressure (psi) 6.5 to 8 psi
Inlet Attachment Female threads
Inlet Size 1/4 in. NPT
Inlet Quantity Single
Outlet Attachment Female threads
Outlet Size 1/4 in. NPT
Outlet Quantity Single

id run the carter that madart is using if you can still find it for sale somwhere...should supply all the fuel you need for a stroker, and with the right size line, should be able to handle a SMALL dose of nitrous as well

i know my dad's had some problems with carters before, we replaced one in his car when we got it back on the road a few eyars ago and it was toast within a week of regular street driving. furtunatly the warranty convered it and he got another brand new one and it's been fine since( about a eyar and a half ago) but he's had problems like that in the past

-
Back