Which heads wpuld be better?

-
Yep, They put more material in the ports to help with this problem of cracking, so yes they'er better than the old stock stuff.(Magnums production)
Although $300.00 isn't a bad price either if they'er truely rebuilt heads. Check the guides and the springs as this is a problem with magnums. I've had to replace many a spring and guide, seems they know this as they sell springs 1 at a time.

BJR Racing

Isn't there a difference between 318 Magnum and 360 Magnum heads???
I know at least there are a couple of different castings for the 360.

Locomotion, Actually not, they use the same casting of heads for both. As they both come with 1.92/1.62 valves and 8MM stems and conical springs with roll bead locks.

BJR Racing

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure on the valve sizes. But there are at least 2 different castings since they were introduced. I have a few friends who run the 360 Magnum's and there is a prefered casting # that flows better. I don't have the #'s, but they are not easy to find.

Your Bolth correct. 5.2s and 5.9s used the same heads but there are a few differant castings with one being alittle better then the other.

AdamR said:
The magnum heads are 94 and later 318-360 heads. They have 1.92" intake and 1.62" exhaust valves, closed combistion chambers and 1.6 ratio rockers. They flow better then a stock X or J head and the closed chamber allows you to build for good quench wich will make the motor more efficient and have better torque and throttle response.

These are the heads from the Mopar Muscle article. They use KB pistons at zero deck and a .039" head gasket thickness to set quench distance. The heads were used with no porting, A comp Cams 280H cam and a M1 single plane intake. It made 400hp on Westechs dyno but is probably closer to 350-360hp in real life. I also think a Magnum RPM Air gap would be a better intake for this motor.

Hey Adam I believe Magnums heads are on 92 and later 318/360's not 94 - on. I could be wrong though.

I was going to go the same route with my engine build, UNTIL I got a NEW set of Edelbrock Magnum heads "completely assembled" for $918 CDN ea.

I thought that was a smokin deal, and to boot everything was new.

I bought another "donor" motor, but it was a waste of money really, because the parts i wanted were in the same shape as the parts I already had.

If you want to know where I got them, let me know.

420Todd

-
Back