Which kit?

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
I'm looking to order a complete front end kit. I am going to be swapping my Swinger to disk brake setup and have all the parts needed to for the swap. Since the swap is from a 73 Duster should I order a 73-76 front end kit? Are all the other suspension parts the same from 73 down (tie rods, etc...)?

I was looking to get a kit Super kit from either Mancini or PST.

How much of the 73+ frontend do you have? If you have all the components than the super kit for 73+ will work as long as it has the idler and pitman arm and you have the center link and upper control arms from the swap frontend.

I got the non-polyurathane "super" kit from Mancini. I was looking at PST and poly kits, but heard a lot of complaints about it transmitting excessive road vibrations into the body.

I figured I'd just make up the handling difference with torsions and sways...

superdart said:
I got the non-polyurathane "super" kit from Mancini. I was looking at PST and poly kits, but heard a lot of complaints about it transmitting excessive road vibrations into the body.

I figured I'd just make up the handling difference with torsions and sways...

Yea I was looking at the Poly kit too. Like you I had heard alot of complaints but only on the Ploy kits. So I was looking at the Super OEM one.

I have the upper control arms and lower balljoints and necessary hardware (spindles, rotors, calipers, etc...) from the 73.

I figure the super OEM kit will do wonders for the handling, and still make it a good, enjoyable ride.

I recommend finding someone (or buying your own) press for the LCA pivot shafts. It was pretty easy with a nice little (6 ton) press.

What I found disheartening was,while I disassembling the old suspension, I discovered my car was MISSING the torsion bar retainer clips. The right side torsion bar was about 1/4" back from where it should have been!!!

Glad I started the rebuild when I did.

I did the front suspension on my Duster. When I was working in the Body Shop for a Dealership I had one of the mechanics press everything for me.

I was thinking of buying a press from Harbor Freight, there about $100. Would probably cheaper than having a machine shop do it for me. The only problem is that I don't have any room in my garage to put one.

LOL!!! :thumblef:

I was actually thinking of getting one and put it in my mother's garage!

Sounds like a plan to me. How much does your mom really use her garage?:toothy10:

I only have a 1 car garage (12x24). It's adaquet for the Dart, and I can fit a QC Ram in it, but I am very limited on bench space. My plan is to build out the back strictly as a "shop" area for benches,solvent tank, grinder, etc.

SOME day....:dontknow:

Well my mother has a barn for a garage. LOL!!
She has a two car garage with a 4 car car port behind it and a you can make a 2 bedroom apartment upstairs. It's empty in case I ever need to go there. LOL!!!

She never uses the garage, it just for storage. I have a 71 Super Beetle sitting under the car port.

She said I can use the garage to work on my toys. The only problem is that she lives about 45 mintues away and has sooooooooooooo much crap in there it would take me forever to clean it out! Plus my wife would give me a bunch or crap for going there all the time to work on it.

Right now I have a one car garage and it's not too bad in there. I just got done about a month ago cleaning it out and the Dart sits nice in there. Right now I have my tool box, air compressor, mig welder, work bench, parts washer, and two storage racks and can't fit anything else in there.

-
Back