which late model master CYL for manual disc brakes?

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Hey Guys i still have a manual drum master for my manual disc brakes. 68 barracuda
does anybody know which one i need and if the brkae rod is the same or is there a mod you have to do to make it work?
Right now my brakes are alittle stiff.

I've had very good luck dealing with Right Stuff Detailing. When I called their tech line they set me up with the correct master cylinder and proportioning valve when I converted to manual disc. Prices were reasonable. This is their contact number.
1-800-405-2000

Rock Auto has them..

RAYBESTOS Part # MC36406 More Info {Professional Grade; Bore Size=15/16" Number of Ports=2 Primary Outlet Size=9/16x20 Secondary Outlet Size=1/2x20}
Front Disc Brakes; Rear Drum Brakes;

Your push rod should be fine...

hope it helps

I'll second that. A 15/16" bore gives a nice pedal. I used a MC listed for a 73 Dart w/ POWER disc brakes but ran it manually. The push rod worked out fine.

if your drum brake master cylinder is 1" or less you can use it.Just take the residual valve out of the supply to the discs if it has one.
..being smaller,check the level occasionally in the disc half if you drive it frequently.

I used one for a Diplomat with a 1 1/32 bore for my manual brakes. Though, I am running KH's up front with 10" drums in the rear. The brakes work fine for me.

Hey Guys i still have a manual drum master for my manual disc brakes. 68 barracuda
does anybody know which one i need and if the brkae rod is the same or is there a mod you have to do to make it work?
Right now my brakes are alittle stiff.

IIRC, ask for one for a 1976 Duster or 1977 Aspen with manual disc brakes and you'll get the right one.

To save weight and look nicer, you can use an aluminum MC from later cars. You need a 4-2 bolt adapter plate ($30 ebay). I use a 90's Breeze MC (7/8"D bore) on my 3 old Mopars (2 power, 1 manual). Many use a Mopar truck one.

-
Back