Which models came with 5x4 wheels ?

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
My brother seem to be under the impression that many Mopars came with 5 x 4 bolt patterns . And that there were 15" sbp wheels offered.

Am I missing something ? I thought only A-bodies got SBP wheels and only in 13" or 14" .

13" and 14" only. I won't quote the large bolt pattern break. I would have to look it up to be correct.

Small bolt ONLY came on A body cars from 63-72, and continued on drum brake A bodies through 76. No other car line had them, and they were only 13-14” wheels, no 15’s EVER. There, that was easy, tell your brother he owes you one!

Small bolt ONLY came on A body cars from 63-72, and continued on drum brake A bodies through 76. No other car line had them, and they were only 13-14” wheels, no 15’s EVER. There, that was easy, tell your brother he owes you one!

IIRC, the small bolt pattern ‘73-‘76 A-body were 9” front drum cars.

10” front drum ‘73-‘76 A-bodies were large bolt pattern.

I think he may have seen a reference to 15" wheel on a Pre 64 Dart or Valient and Iam not even sure if they came with 15" wheels

There were no large bolt pattern drums for A body cars, only small pattern. The rule is if it came with disc, you got the large bolt pattern in either a 7 1/4” or an 8 1/4” rear. If it was a drum brake car, it was small bolt drums and a small bolt 7 1/4”. I’m not sure if this next fact, but I believe that after 72, there were no more 9” drums on anything.

Nope. The 73+ 10” drums were SBP. They did use different spindles and used the larger 73+ wheel bearings. But they were still SBP.

There were no large bolt pattern drums for A body cars, only small pattern. The rule is if it came with disc, you got the large bolt pattern in either a 7 1/4” or an 8 1/4” rear. If it was a drum brake car, it was small bolt drums and a small bolt 7 1/4”. I’m not sure if this next fact, but I believe that after 72, there were no more 9” drums on anything.

That’s it!

Also, all V8 cars 73+ came with disks, so they were all BBP. Only 4 wheel drum cars were SBP 73+, and only /6 cars fit that bill. Even then, things like a towing package and some other options on the /6 cars would trigger front disks, making them BBP. My ‘74 Duster was a /6, but came with front disks, and had the BBP and a 7 1/4” rear.

5 X 4 Bolt Pattern Cross Reference and Wheel Sizes ~ Roadkill Customs

This is why he thinks it .

I never knew you could get an E-Body with SBP ? Lol

Yeah you definitely could not get a ‘72 ‘Cuda with SBP. Nice try roadkill.

Nope. The 73+ 10” drums were SBP. They did use different spindles and used the larger 73+ wheel bearings. But they were still SBP.

ok thanks. Just the spindle was different 9” to 10” front drums.

ok thanks. Just the spindle was different 9” to 10” front drums.

Yup. Well, 3 drum spindles. ‘67-‘72 9”, which is different than ‘67-‘72 10” but both use the small upper ball joint. ‘73+ 10” is different again, using the large upper ball joint and the larger 73+ wheel bearings. But they’re all SBP.

-
Back