Which one as Daily "pimp/luxoury" ride....

Town Car or Jag?

• Town Car

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Jaguar van den Plas

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

DQ81

'73 Dart
Reaction score
You guys and galls all have diverse tastes and thus this poll.

I currently own a nice and clean '96 Jaguar Van den Plas, power everything, all stock. Gold on creme leather interior, picknick tables. Needs rims and window tint to meet my 'wrong' pimp ride status.

I can sell my Jag and get my hands on a '98 Lincoln Town Car special edition, full leather on 22" rims with limo tint.

Either way I want a morally wrong "Pimp" ride :)

So, buy the Lincoln (Black on grey leather, power everything no sunroof or heated seats though...)

The Jag's a half second quicker on the 0-60 sprint and I-6

The Lincoln is the old modular 2 valve V8

Cast your vote and please share your thoughts!

TIA

Both make me question your sanity, but since you already have the Jag and it's more unique, I say keep the Jag.

Both make me question your sanity, but since you already have the Jag and it's more unique, I say keep the Jag.

I agree. jag is different and will stand out more, one thing about Jags they keep your mechanical skills up. my Dad has had his share of them. he always picks them up cheap with something wrong with them, his lastest is a 97.

Given the chioce between the 2, I would rather drive a Yugo.
Once it breaks, buy another one..

The Lincoln is the better chioce.

The jag is safer but more expensive to maintain.

You could sell the jag and use that money for other things while you drive the snot out of the lincoln.

hey now son
your gonna drive me to drinkin
if you dont stop drivin that
HOT ROD LINCOLN

I say stick with the Jag,because the other is made by a four letter word that we do not speak in our house.A friend has a Jag from the 80's or early 90's that he put a chevy engine in because he got it cheap with mechanical problems like metioned above,he found the complete setup for the conversion cheaper than fixing the original stuff.now he has a nice ride he doesn't have to worry about banging up because he didn't load allot of money in it.

As you may not know, I also own Lincoln vs Cadillac Forums -

I can tell you this. I LOVE the Van Dan Plas.

BUT... I like the Lincoln Town Car also. It is WAY easier to maintain, partly because it uses the Ford 4.6 engine, which is the same engine in the Crown Vic, the mustang and a number of other cars. So parts are quite inexpensive.

Its also, in general, easier to repair resulting in less labor time.

If you go with the TC I hope you roll over to Lincoln vs Cadillac and join us there too.

That said, here is my daily driver:

i10485.jpg

Both cars are retarded... trade the Jag for a 210 Challenger and put some big-@$$ N%$ga rims on it.

being in the Netherlands the Jag might actually be cheaper to maintain besides you know what they say " better my mother in a w@#$! house than my sister in a F$#d " stick with the Jag

I almost died laughing. Keep the Jag. Voted. Never really liked either. but whatever floats your boat.

Just to start with, I've been moving this past week so I didn't have time to check if there had even been responses. You guys/galls are friggin' funny.

Gotta love forabodies, even if every time I mention someone asks me if it's the newest **** site....

That being said:

No need to question it, I'm quite insane.

Quote:

You could sell the jag and use that money for other things while you drive the snot out of the lincoln.[/quote]

Funny thing is the Lincoln is more expensive than the Jag cost me!

I'd sell the Jag and put that money right into my Dart!!!!!!!!!!!

Urm, I daren't admit it, but I sold my Dart 2 weeks ago to finance the move, she wasn't getting used and I swear went to a better home with a garage! Man, I've never put so much time effort and money into any other single car, miss her already!

I say stick with the Jag,because the other is made by a four letter word that we do not speak in our house.A friend has a Jag from the 80's or early 90's that he put a chevy engine in because he got it cheap with mechanical problems like metioned above,he found the complete setup for the conversion cheaper than fixing the original stuff.now he has a nice ride he doesn't have to worry about banging up because he didn't load allot of money in it.

Jag was owned by F*rd in the period mine was produced ;) This model is considered the "last true Jag" since then it got Ford V8 derivative engines and electrics etc. etc. So in essence, they're both Fords!:toothy10:

As you may not know, I also own Lincoln vs Cadillac Forums -

I can tell you this. I LOVE the Van Dan Plas.

BUT... I like the Lincoln Town Car also. It is WAY easier to maintain, partly because it uses the Ford 4.6 engine, which is the same engine in the Crown Vic, the mustang and a number of other cars. So parts are quite inexpensive.

Its also, in general, easier to repair resulting in less labor time.

If you go with the TC I hope you roll over to Lincoln vs Cadillac and join us there too.

That said, here is my daily driver:

Nice ride man, I'm a car lover, I'd rock that without the roof cover though...just my taste. It's still up in the air but if I get the Lincoln I'll definately be over there!

Both cars are retarded... trade the Jag for a 210 Challenger and put some big-@$$ N%$ga rims on it.

Word G, big *** wagonwheeeeeeeelz!

Can't get Challengers over here, well you can, but for about as much as a new Jag. I think a decent Challenger around the 60k EURO mark. How much are they over there?

being in the Netherlands the Jag might actually be cheaper to maintain besides you know what they say " better my mother in a w@#$! house than my sister in a F$#d " stick with the Jag

The Jag is cheaper because there's more salvage parts than for the Ford, I mean Lincoln.

Keep the opinions comin' if not for a laugh!

Joey,
Tell the truth... the Lincoln TC is just a made over Crown Vic/Grand Marquis.

Basically bullet proof ! Sure the little things have a tendency to quit working but they still run!!

-
Back