Which scoop ?

Hemi SS or tall duel snorkal

• Total voters
-
Maybe this will help too? Also put foam rubber between the scoop and the hood before you bolt it on. Word of advise.

20190914_143335.jpg

20200901_191937.jpg

20200901_191923.jpg

20200910_203110.jpg

Maybe this will help too? Also put foam rubber between the scoop and the hood before you bolt it on. Word of advise.

View attachment 1715836959

View attachment 1715836960

View attachment 1715836961

View attachment 1715836962
Hmmm it looks like the studs on the one I bought are in a different location. Think I might have to wind up just centering and measuring from the back of the hood . . .good idea, I was planning on using 3m two sided tape for alittle cushion

I just noticed that scoop is for a 73 dart sport. The foam won't do any good in the front with a beaked scoop on a flat hood. But I never used foam on ant of mine.
Mine is the correct scoop for a 1972 Dart. What other people are doing is no concern of mine. I'm just showing you a example of a 1972 :)

I thought you were replacing a Sixpack scoop (with an assumed hole cut in it) with something else. PLEASE, don't cut up a nice steel hood! I did that on my 62, and regret it every day.
I have NO problem with whichever scoop..... but please graft it onto a glass hood, or your old hood that already has a hole in it.

Last edited:
I thought you were replacing a Sixpack scoop (with an assumed hole cut in it) with something else. PLEASE, don't cut up a nice steel hood! I did that on my 62, and regret it every day.
I have NO problem with whichever scoop..... but please graft it onto a glass hood.
Yeah, seems to be what others are saying also, thing is I already purchased that hood and have it on its way. .

I have both scoops here . I'll get you a picture. They are different across the front. Yours looks to be a 73. I just thought I would mention it. The 72's are thicker and straight across the front. Your looks to have a 73 lower. Look how much taller a 72 is compared to a 73. I have several of each here. Maybe someone shaved yours off a tad?
Mine is the correct scoop for a 1972 Dart. What other people are doing is no concern of mine. I'm just showing you a example of a 1972 :)

102_0320.JPG

102_0321.JPG

102_0322.JPG

102_0325.JPG

I usually never give a disagree to anyone . But what comes around goes around.
I am 100% correct on my scoop. Maybe it's just a bad angle. It is not a 2 piece original. It's a single piece aftermarket. I have 40 hours making this piece perfect. Be aware this is how they come.

20160927_124857.jpg

20160927_124925.jpg

20160927_124943.jpg

After market is not the correct scoop for a 72. They would be correct for anything you bolt it on. I thought you were stating it was a 72 scoop. Its not even a factory mopar scoop. I didn't know that. I just saw the front was relieved for a 73 and you stated 72. Its a one scoop fits all. Sorry for not realizing it was after market.

i have an original dual snorkel hood scoop for sale from a 73 dart sport 340 ! if anybody needs one :) , same as i have on my 76 duster too , looks good on these cars

I believe I red a thread on this forum saying proper placement of the scoop is 3 1/4" from the back of the hood. Looks like I actually bought either 70/71 hood, are the corner bolt holes im using circled in black or red?
View attachment 1715836953View attachment 1715836954 View attachment 1715836955

Yep, you have a 70-71 hood so none of the holes in the frame are the ones for the scoop that you have. They are all for the 70-71 two scoop set up. You should also be aware that 72 hood hinges are different than 70-71 and I don't think you can mix them, so if you want to use that hood on your 72 you also need the hood hinges for a 70 or 71 or I don't think you can adjust it correctly. looking at the studs in the picture of the bottom of your scoop in post #25, they are NOT in the location for the stock 72 hood holes anyway, so its probably a good thing that you are starting with a flat hood. The one you show has four studs across the bottom instead of 3 and no center stud in the front.

I would take a grease pencil and put a line right down the middle of your hood. Put some ribber vacuum hose nipple plugs on the studs, so you don't scratch the paint. Get it centered in front, and then center the back by measuring from the back corners to the outside edge of the hood. You want to pay attention to where the studs stick through so you don't hit the frame underneath in a bad location

I used the peaked hood Snorkel on my 69 fish and loved the fit and easy mounting! I miss it maybe?

It is long gone from the car and has been sitting in the shed for years!

Flat Hoods are Sexy Too! When factory "BB engines" reside below!

-
Back