Which scoop ?

Hemi SS or tall duel snorkal

• Total voters
-
Yep, you have a 70-71 hood so none of the holes in the frame are the ones for the scoop that you have. They are all for the 70-71 two scoop set up. You should also be aware that 72 hood hinges are different than 70-71 and I don't think you can mix them, so if you want to use that hood on your 72 you also need the hood hinges for a 70 or 71 or I don't think you can adjust it correctly. looking at the studs in the picture of the bottom of your scoop in post #25, they are NOT in the location for the stock 72 hood holes anyway, so its probably a good thing that you are starting with a flat hood. The one you show has four studs across the bottom instead of 3 and no center stud in the front.

I would take a grease pencil and put a line right down the middle of your hood. Put some ribber vacuum hose nipple plugs on the studs, so you don't scratch the paint. Get it centered in front, and then center the back by measuring from the back corners to the outside edge of the hood. You want to pay attention to where the studs stick through so you don't hit the frame underneath in a bad location
Thanks for the info, does the 70 hood have the center ridge like my 72 hood ? . . .. ugh the more info I'm getting about putting this hood on my car the more it's sounding like a debacle . . . I'm now contemplating just trying to sell it and start with a fiberglass flat hood

Being that I have 72 hinges and the hood is a 70 am able to dremmel out & elongate the hinge volt holes so it works?

Can't really tell the size of the holes. . .guess I'll know soon enough gonna pull the hood tomorrow
20211217_220441.jpg

so this is from memory, but I think one style has slotted holes in the hinge, and the other has an arrangement where the nuts in the hood slide back and forth and the holes in the hinge are round. I'll try and look at the hoods I have and 70-71 hinges and get back to you. The issue is whether you can adjust the placement of the hood from the cowl to the bumper (forward to back on the car).

Just unpacked the hood, very pleasantly surprised it has the sliders in the hood and the hood is in pretty much mint shape. No so happy that the shipper banged the corner and slightly bent / cracked the edge. . .hood is so nice I'm actually having 2nd thoughts about cutting it up and might try to just sell it

-
Back