Which shocks ?

-

Reaction score
I'm not going crazy with the suspension.
Got 16:1 manual steering box, drop spindles and 11 3/4 brakes, 1.03" torsion bars, tubular upper, parts to reinforce and rebuild the lowers, new strut bars and larger tire rods end. On the rear only sway bar. I'm gonna leave leaf springs until I drive it and figure what I need to balance it out.

The plan is to take it to the odd auto cross and the strip a few times a year and maybe on the road course a few times.
I don't know how realistically this is gonna happen. Maybe but hopefully a semi regular thing. But streetable is my main concern since I want to do a lot of road trips.

So should i just get some bilstein shocks or something like QA1 double adjust. So I could set it up for each thing?

I'm not going crazy with the suspension.
Got 16:1 manual steering box, drop spindles and 11 3/4 brakes, 1.03" torsion bars, tubular upper, parts to reinforce and rebuild the lowers, new strut bars and larger tire rods end. On the rear only sway bar. I'm gonna leave leaf springs until I drive it and figure what I need to balance it out.

The plan is to take it to the odd auto cross and the strip a few times a year and maybe on the road course a few times.
I don't know how realistically this is gonna happen. Maybe but hopefully a semi regular thing. But streetable is my main concern since I want to do a lot of road trips.

So should i just get some bilstein shocks or something like QA1 double adjust. So I could set it up for each thing?
id get an adjustable set. Check with viking. Their C-series are affordable and well built.

Bilstien

Only thing to justify the additional cost ($400+) of the double adjustable would be if you were realisticly going to experiment a lot and then develop a set change valving for drag, street and autocross.

Bilstien

Only thing to justify the additional cost ($400+) of the double adjustable would be if you were realisticly going to experiment a lot and then develop a set change valving for drag, street and autocross.

That's the thing. Plus I'm in Canada by time there shipped to my door were talking like $1500 or more.

I got $4000 Canadian left I can spend on this car.

Things I'd like to get done. Front seat redone, new roller cam and airgap (380hp create engine in it) new ring and pinion, wanted to do body, but thinking more just keep it sunfire yellow for now and buff and blow in some spots.

And of course new shocks.
And the reality is ya I may only go once to the drag track and or auto cross or what ever or might be my new thing. 1st car I could really go with could be my new thing.

Am I gonna gain $700 Canadain performance out of the adjustables ?

I bought The Viking doubles through PST, I thought they ended up at about $1000 Canadian by the time they got here

That's the thing. Plus I'm in Canada by time there shipped to my door were talking like $1500 or more.

I got $4000 Canadian left I can spend on this car.

Things I'd like to get done. Front seat redone, new roller cam and airgap (380hp create engine in it) new ring and pinion, wanted to do body, but thinking more just keep it sunfire yellow for now and buff and blow in some spots.

And of course new shocks.
And the reality is ya I may only go once to the drag track and or auto cross or what ever or might be my new thing. 1st car I could really go with could be my new thing.

Am I gonna gain $700 Canadain performance out of the adjustables ?

No. Not with the rest of the system you are running and what you want to do with the car.

If you are running 60 series tires, then money would be better spent on wide z-rated tire with stiffer sidewalks.

Last edited:
I would go with Vikings in my opinion. Yes there are a bit pricey but the performance out weighs the cost. Depending on what your want you may want to consider the warrior line of Vikings. The main difference between the Warrior and the Crusader is the 19 verse 22 position of adjustment and that the warrior is poly mount verse bearing. The warriors with members discount would come in at $602 plus shipping or have it shipped to a PO Box at the boarder for free.

Thanks
James

I would go with Vikings in my opinion. Yes there are a bit pricey but the performance out weighs the cost. Depending on what your want you may want to consider the warrior line of Vikings. The main difference between the Warrior and the Crusader is the 19 verse 22 position of adjustment and that the warrior is poly mount verse bearing. The warriors with members discount would come in at $602 plus shipping or have it shipped to a PO Box at the boarder for free.

Thanks
James

I'm gonna order those and a set of sway bars from you next week :)

-
Back