Which Starter

-

dustertogo

Reaction score
Any recommendations on mini-starters? 73 small block Duster, only 10 to 1 compression.

Thanks

I think it only matters if you have headers. I read that some mini-starters are clocked differently. Might also vary between Dodge V-8 trucks and Jeep Grand Cherokees (5.9L Magnum engine).

Just go the the parts store get one for a 93 dodge truck, take your old one back later for the core.

i used one for a 98 dodge truck.. like how it cranks over the original style ones plus you gain some room..

There are a thousand Chrysler vehicles, that these mini starters came on.
From trucks to land yachts. If you have a local pick and pull, go.
Look under the the V6 an V8 cars. If it looks like a mini starter, it is.
Grab it, buy it, and slap it on. :)

so what about this, do all of the mini starters have 2 different sized mounting holes?
(I picked a used one up and it does)
I haven't had it bolted up yet so I don't know if that is good or bad

There are three different mini's, some with different bolts and some with a shorter snout.

Don't know anything about all that.
But if you get the right mini starter, it will fit all 225,273,318,340,360,383,400,426,440 motors.

I think one from a Magnum engine V-6 or V-8 will interchange. Those engines have a unique round "beer keg" intake manifold. The block is so identical that heads and transmissions from our cars bolt up.

I think one from a Magnum engine V-6 or V-8 will interchange. Those engines have a unique round "beer keg" intake manifold. The block is so identical that heads and transmissions from our cars bolt up.

That's where mine came from.

-
Back